Author Topic: Communication is the KEY.  (Read 3269 times)

Carbonbell

Communication is the KEY.
« on: August 27, 2022, 02:21:39 pm »
I am also experiencing the same issues with GSX since their last bug infected update.
My bigger concern is how quiet Umberto and gang have been for over 10 days now.
Have they been working on the installer and issues with P3D?  Do they even care?  Will they??
Like most, we are disappointed and any effort to fix what has been nothing less than a disaster with the updated GSX for P3D.
Let's go Umberto!!  Pretty please...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Communication is the KEY.
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 03:11:06 pm »
Several users have confirmed P3D works just fine for them now.

There are still issues I don't fully understand with P3D4, an extremely long time to regenerate the model cache, which is P3D4 should be even faster than P3D5, and that might cause a crash on start, but we are looking into that.

I must say we always used P3D V5 during testing with P3D+MSFS together, so it's to be expected things to be a bit rough on V4.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 03:18:32 pm »
GSX in P3D was down for me for nearly a week. Now that GSX is out for MSFS and "features" from that platform seem to be bleeding over into P3D, I hope you'll consider implementing a public beta branch so we can test, ID bugs, and revert back to a stable release if needed. This release could've benefitted from wider testing.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 03:29:09 pm »
Please always clarify if you are referring to P3D V4 or V5, because not knowing that makes all troubleshooting way more difficult.

Petermuc3

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 05:41:49 pm »
I basically have an unusable GSX after the last update and that is with P3Dv5. If I cross read what is reported many P3Dv5 users have problems. So it is defnitely not only v4. Umberto, if you have a cure for that it would be nice to make a step by step post on how to solve the problem.
Thanks Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 05:50:56 pm »
I see many users with P3D V5 reporting no problems so far.

There's possibly a problem reading existing .INI profiles, which will obviously be looked at, but other than that, I don't see serious issues with P3D V5.

Carbonbell

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2022, 05:51:56 pm »
Several users have confirmed P3D works just fine for them now.

There are still issues I don't fully understand with P3D4, an extremely long time to regenerate the model cache, which is P3D4 should be even faster than P3D5, and that might cause a crash on start, but we are looking into that.

I must say we always used P3D V5 during testing with P3D+MSFS together, so it's to be expected things to be a bit rough on V4.
I can confirm that P3DV5 is NOT working.  I have uninstalled the FSDT Installer several times and reinstalled however, still have "updates" available for GSX.
We would appreciate some direction other than "Several users have confirmed P3D works just fine for them now." It isn't if you have updated GSX as we were all prompted to.

Carbonbell

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2022, 05:53:10 pm »
I see many users with P3D V5 reporting no problems so far.

There's possibly a problem reading existing .INI profiles, which will obviously be looked at, but other than that, I don't see serious issues with P3D V5.
You're out of touch then Umberto.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2022, 05:55:58 pm »
You're out of touch then Umberto.

No, I just read users saying P3D V5 works for them. I think the easiest solution I can think of, assuming you already installed all the latest updates, is to try the OFFLINE Installer posted in the MSFS section, and don't do anything else.

Report back which problems you still have.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 05:57:34 pm by virtuali »

Petermuc3

« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2022, 06:00:48 pm »
Well, I can tell you, that I have major problems. No services e. g. FSDT LSGG,  T2G EDDM

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2022, 06:04:55 pm »
Well, I can tell you, that I have major problems. No services e. g. FSDT LSGG,  T2G EDDM

Please clarify what do you mean with "no service". What happens, exactly ? The precise precise airport used, the airplane used, the gate used. Since you say "FSDT", make an example with an FSDT scenery, which can be obviously checked more easily.

Petermuc3

« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2022, 06:16:14 pm »
As I said above it mis FSDT LSGG. When I try boarding "this parking is isolated. Ground services are not available"
Using P3Dv5 and FSLabs Airbus.

FOD

« Reply #12 on: August 27, 2022, 06:20:49 pm »
Umberto - I can understand your frustration when some folks are reporting that the updated GSX works perfectly - those of us who have used GSX for several years including P3d V5 up to last weeks update but now cannot use feel exactly the same!!

As to the off line install option - it always fails for me - see my post in the "Coatl.exe disappears from Task" below this one.

As a follow up to that - if I then run the updater, coatl loads correctly but then I have the isolated parking slot error - again reproduceable.

Guess we just keep trying ......

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2022, 06:22:40 pm »
As I said above it mis FSDT LSGG. When I try boarding "this parking is isolated. Ground services are not available"

There might be a side effect of an issue loading the scenery .INI file. Could you please post your couatl.log at the airport ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2022, 06:25:10 pm »
As to the off line install option - it always fails for me - see my post in the "Coatl.exe disappears from Task" below this one. As a follow up to that - if I then run the updater, coatl loads correctly but then I have the isolated parking slot error - again reproduceable.

That already telling something's not right, because the are supposed to contain exactly the same set of files, at least all the ones which should affect the program itself, not models, or textures, etc.

Please post your log after the Offline updater is applied, even if it crashes.