Author Topic: embedded stairs  (Read 778 times)

firepanther

embedded stairs
« on: August 27, 2022, 12:49:10 pm »
The embedded stair feature for GSX MSFS doesn't work. When I click PGUP to get the stairs menu the Z axis (green) is backward and I cannot rotate it using the End or Page down keys. Also, when I do use it as instructed in the manual or on YouTube for PD3, the program says that there aren't any stairs and the passengers will not be visible.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: embedded stairs
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 01:21:11 pm »
You are not supposed to rotate a point in the Embeeded stair, door heading in this context doesn't make any sense, because the heading that matters is only the one of the door itself, not the two start/end points of the Embedded stairs, which are just waypoints.

The editor indicates all "points" that are just points in 3d with no concept of heading, when the checkered yellow/black ball, that indicates a point that cannot be rotated.

Note that, there is a small glitch in the airplane dialog box related to the Embedded stair: if you are editing an airplane that already has an Embedded stair configured in GSX, you'll need to uncheck/check the Embedded stair checkmark to be able to edit it in 3D. We'll fix this, but that workaround works in the meantime.