Author Topic: Repeated updates to rules_fueltruck.cfg?  (Read 691 times)

alexberry

Repeated updates to rules_fueltruck.cfg?
« on: August 27, 2022, 11:11:12 am »
At the risk of being roasted for not reading some note buried in a thread somewhere, I wonder if someone could help me determine if the normal online FSDT installer is working ok or not for me now?

As of this morning, I initially ran the FSDT Installer, and clicked update beside GSX Pro, it downloaded a load of updates which, I'm guessing, is the profile for PMDG 737-800 and other fixes etc.   After that finished, I clicked update again so see if it downloaded anything else, hoping it wouldn't which I believe would indicate that this online update was now working properly for me.

What I'm finding is that every subsequent update, it downloads just one file, rules_fueltruck.cfg.  Does this mean the online updater via FSDT Installer is now working, or should I still go through the offline installer .exe as a final step, as Umberto has previously recommended?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, and thanks for your patience and help.

Fiorentoni

Re: Repeated updates to rules_fueltruck.cfg?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 11:17:05 am »
At the risk of being roasted for not reading some note buried in a thread somewhere, I wonder if someone could help me determine if the normal online FSDT installer is working ok or not for me now?

As of this morning, I initially ran the FSDT Installer, and clicked update beside GSX Pro, it downloaded a load of updates which, I'm guessing, is the profile for PMDG 737-800 and other fixes etc.   After that finished, I clicked update again so see if it downloaded anything else, hoping it wouldn't which I believe would indicate that this online update was now working properly for me.

What I'm finding is that every subsequent update, it downloads just one file, rules_fueltruck.cfg.  Does this mean the online updater via FSDT Installer is now working, or should I still go through the offline installer .exe as a final step, as Umberto has previously recommended?

Apologies if this is a stupid question, and thanks for your patience and help.

It means it's working now, otherwise it would redownload all of it. Why it downloads the fueltruck rules file (does so for me too), I do not know. So you're good to go with live update only.

alexberry

Re: Repeated updates to rules_fueltruck.cfg?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 11:19:39 am »
That's great; thanks Fiorentoni, that's put my mind at rest...