Author Topic: Customize pax waypoints issue / barriers  (Read 807 times)

bmaising

Customize pax waypoints issue / barriers
« on: August 28, 2022, 12:30:21 pm »
Hi,

I tried to make points at some multi-level stairs inside Bremen Airport, its in a glass building close to the jetway. But when I create points, there are barriers created inside the building above the ground. I looked into the manual, but did not find how to make points without barriers first. Is that even possible?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Customize pax waypoints issue / barriers
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2022, 12:42:36 pm »
I looked into the manual, but did not find how to make points without barriers first. Is that even possible?

Of course, there's a "disable barriers" checkmark next the button which does exactly that.

olliejstacey

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 12:42:50 pm »
You can disable the barriers, yes. You can also adjust the width of the passenger walkway in the ini. Default is 2.5 (think this might be in meters).

bmaising

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 12:44:30 pm »
Wait, guys, I think it is a real special caser:  First, I need to disable the barriers, but when the Pax go out the door on the apron, the barriers need to be created.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 12:48:54 pm »
Wait, guys, I think it is a real special caser:  First, I need to disable the barriers, but when the Pax go out the door on the apron, the barriers need to be created.

You need to create two paths.

Use the "Airport Walkers" path, which has always the barriers disabled, for passengers inside the terminal, and the Pax Waypoint for the outside.

The Airport Walkers is a loop path, so it uses a minimum of 2 waypoints and passengers will go through all waypoints automatically when the airport is loaded, regardless if there's a boarding/deboarding process ongoing.