Author Topic: Prevent menu from closing and few other bugs/requests  (Read 1193 times)

AndyCYXU

Prevent menu from closing and few other bugs/requests
« on: August 26, 2022, 08:05:41 pm »
1. Can you PLEASE add an option to prevent menu from closing, it is horrible especially when used in VR since Adobo never fixed last window position memory and I am not holding my breath that they will. Even in 2d it is really unnecessary IMO to have this window close all the time and having to open it over and over again, leave it open with possibility of minimizing maybe like all other menu windows behave.

2. In VR I cannot see GSX messages that you normally see in 2d (not a big deal) as I know what the dings mean for the most part like asking me to close the door.. but maybe that could be implemented to show in that menu window once it is made not to close automatically.

4. Suitcases disappear from carts and bus changes to mono grey object without texture too soon. Bus textures and suitcase reappear as I move closer to them.. I think it has to do with LOD's loading as I get closer to them and vanish from view when I am farther however that is happening way too soon, I cannot see suitcases in spot view already, have to go to drone camera and close to the cart to see them. I think they vanish too early, at this stage of flight there is no reason to save resources, nothing is moving let the suitcase be visible form father away same with bus textures. At this stage of flight no computer should have issues loading details so these LOD's just make it all look cheap and have nothing to give in terms of performance increase IMO.

5. I notice that gates from 3rd pary airports will sometimes move, sometimes they will not... also when editing and I delete stairs which I do not want at the jetway terminal GSX will say Pax will not be visible and it also stops operating jetways sometimes to, when I add the stairs back it operates the jetway again. that one is little complicated to explain.. i notice GSX really shines at the airports without jetways especially when you spend some time configuring the spot  :)

6. Can you please add option to stop menu window from automatically closing  :-*

7. GSX opens all the doors by themselves, maybe we can make them close it too.. no reason for pilot to close the doors :) he got bigger things to do.

Thank you for the fun add-on !
Andy

PS: forgot to mention, can we have the menu window stay open...  ;)
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 08:08:01 pm by AndyCYXU »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Prevent menu from closing and few other bugs/requests
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 08:50:29 pm »
1. Can you PLEASE add an option to prevent menu from closing, it is horrible especially when used in VR since Adobo never fixed last window position memory and I am not holding my breath that they will.

We have confirmed multiple times it will be done:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26941.msg176379.html#msg176379

4. Suitcases disappear from carts and bus changes to mono grey object without texture too soon. Bus textures and suitcase reappear as I move closer to them.. I think it has to do with LOD's loading

LOD explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26711.msg174817.html#msg174817

]5. I notice that gates from 3rd pary airports will sometimes move, sometimes they will not...

I hope you are aware this would be exactly the same as if GSX wasn't even there. Nothing will change how the jetways works when installing GSX. They will LOOK differently at default airports and 3rd party airports you haven't excluded, but they still work exactly as they would be if there was no GSX.

also when editing and I delete stairs which I do not want at the jetway terminal GSX will say Pax will not be visible and it also stops operating jetways sometimes, when I add the stairs back it operates the jetway again. that one is little complicated to explain..

Please try to clarify this better

i notice GSX really shines at the airports without jetways especially when you spend some time configuring the spot  :)

Of course, that's a part where we are not hampered by a buggy default system like Jetway, explanation here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26965.msg176552.html#msg176552

6. Can you please add option to stop menu window from automatically closing  :-

You already asked in the first point, as already explained in other thread, we'll disable the automatic closing when the menu is pinned:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26941.msg176379.html#msg176379

7. GSX opens all the doors by themselves, maybe we can make them close it too.. no reason for pilot to close the doors :) he got bigger things to do.

Of course it closes the doors automatically, when it decides it times to do so. Please make an example in which case you think GSX should have closed the door, but it hasn't, on an airplane in which it *was* able to open them, of course.

AndyCYXU

« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2022, 05:35:15 am »

Of course it closes the doors automatically, when it decides it times to do so. Please make an example in which case you think GSX should have closed the door, but it hasn't, on an airplane in which it *was* able to open them, of course.

Well, no, they do not.. unless it is something I am doing wrong.. I use 737 and 738, I request boarding and GSX is doing its thing.. on menu later I see "4. Boarding completed. " I even clicked on it which didn't do anything, but that's ok it is probably just INFO.

Before that every time I would just close the doors and cargo doors as it opens the door screen on FMC.. Most recent time I decided that I will request Pushback and see if they close the doors. Preferably cargo doors when they pull away after loading and main doors once they take away jetway or stairs, in my case it was both stairs and jetway (unedited 3rd party airport LROP).

GSX removed Jetway and the rear stairs which btw did not open the doors, but that is fine as I would not want stairs here anyways (might edit in the future then I let you know about point 4) but that's later on. Ground crew came up to put the pin and start the process of pushback hooking up, then I started receiving the DING.. asking me (probably) to close the doors.. so "I DID CLOSE THE DOORS and CARGO BAY DOORS" GSX did not close the doors, right after I was ask to release parking brakes and push back begun. I think they might have asked me for push back type.. don't recall exactly.. point is I waited to the very last moments hoping they will close the doors, but they did not.

Andy

AndyCYXU

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 08:29:58 pm »

also when editing and I delete stairs which I do not want at the jetway terminal GSX will say Pax will not be visible and it also stops operating jetways sometimes, when I add the stairs back it operates the jetway again. that one is little complicated to explain..

Please try to clarify this better

Well, simply put when stairs are removed in the options at the parking where there is a jetway passengers will not be visible, If you want to see passengers you have to have the stairs. Passengers will not be using stairs and the rear aircraft door (737/738) will remain closed, but stairs have to better at the back door or no passengers will be visible walking through the jetway.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 08:41:13 pm »
Well, simply put when stairs are removed in the options at the parking where there is a jetway passengers will not be visible, If you want to see passengers you have to have the stairs. Passengers will not be using stairs and the rear aircraft door (737/738) will remain closed, but stairs have to better at the back door or no passengers will be visible walking through the jetway.

Well, that's not what's supposed to happen, the disable stairs option it's only to disable the rear stairs, but passengers would use the jetway in any case. I'll check, of course.