Author Topic: Couatl.exe disappears from task manager  (Read 1286 times)

badarolsen

Couatl.exe disappears from task manager
« on: August 26, 2022, 04:56:31 pm »
I have read the posting from "SHANE 25" concerning this problem. I have all of the FSDT sceneries for P3D, and they have been working fine in the past. Now the Buildings partially or completely gone, all sceneries are on trial version. I have a lot of addon sceneries. Before deactivate dem all, maybe someone can take a look at my coatl.log, if there is something wrong. I've been reading a lot of postings and did everything that is suggested to solve the problem ( reinstalling, updating, using universal installer ). I also have MSFS and GSXpro, all working fine.
Regards,
badarolsen

delta6325

Re: Couatl.exe disappears from task manager
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 02:26:32 am »
I have been having the same issues with P3d v4.5. None of my FSDT stuff seems to work anymore. I have followed the so-called stuff to try and fix it. I am at a loss of what to do. I tried to start coatl from the .exe file and it came up with the debug log and it said that access denied to the bglmanix file.

FOD

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 10:07:07 am »
Just my experience with the (on line) off line installer.
If you install off line and do not run the updater,  coatl loads when you start the P3D exe but it disappears the instant P3D gets to the scenario page. Then when you load to an airfield GSX throws up the “no coatl” error!

FOD

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 05:00:28 pm »
And to add, this is nothing to do with AV software - I have none installed and I have ensured that all MS default security programmes are off with folders/files excluded - just in case.
Also, this problem is totally reproduceable on my system.

badarolsen

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 09:13:58 pm »
The FSDT sceneries are of great quality, but this install- and manage-software has become too complicated and susceptible to failure. There really are to many simmers having problems with it. They can't be all too stupid. Other big suppliers of sceneries like Aerosoft, Flightbeam, Fly Tampa and others don't produce such problems.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 01:33:25 pm by badarolsen »

flaviossa

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 04:15:41 pm »
Hello, try this guys:
http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26999.msg177358.html#msg177358

It corrected the couatl.exe process crash for me. Good luck!

badarolsen

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 08:13:47 pm »
yeeeeeeees, that's it!!!
All sceneries "activ" and visible again!
Great hint flaviossa, thanks! I did switch many files on and off, but who would think it's a faulty Navdata file!