Author Topic: "Customize Airplane" possible cause of unsaved .cfg  (Read 1068 times)

Enrik014

"Customize Airplane" possible cause of unsaved .cfg
« on: August 26, 2022, 03:32:28 pm »
Hi, I've noticed that "Customize airplane" option doesn't save the positions of doors, cargo ecc... on ANY plane.  (tryed on BAE146, 737-800, Fenix, FBW 320neo, Asobo 787).

I enabled the .log registration and noticed that the program is identifying the plane as it's registration number (ex. EI-DFG) and not by it's name, like the folder created suggest, subsequently it uses the default simconnect doors position. In the .log image I attached you can see it says: Specific .cfg file for SP-RKB not found in C:\Users\bonal\AppData\Roaming\Virtuali/Airplanes\PMDG 737-800, using standard GSX.CFG file
Below that is saying that he found a .gsx file but idk why it doesn't use that.

BTW I also attached a .txt of all the log file with the 737-800 loaded if it can help.

Other thing I discovered: -in all the planes it doesn't save any position of anything. In the 737-800 it saved the cargo doors position but not the pax doors and services doors.
                                     -when I create a custom config it uses the config file, but after restart of the sim it resets all the positions to default.

edit: -updated and 737-800 profile seems correct, nonetheless the "customize airplane" feature need to be fixed.
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 04:20:17 pm by Enrik014 »

fcmusician

Re: "Customize Airplane" possible cause of unsaved .cfg
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 04:14:16 pm »
Thank you for noticing that too. Very annoying. They need to fix that soon. Lot of time customizing only to have it disappear.
Frank B^)

gvert

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 05:36:36 pm »
Same here....very annoying bug.

moxiejeff

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 02:34:49 am »
Same here. Been driving me insane for 6 days now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 03:09:09 am »
I enabled the .log registration and noticed that the program is identifying the plane as it's registration number (ex. EI-DFG) and not by it's name

It doesn't mean that, it means since there's non airframe-specific .CFG file for this plane (which would called GSX-SP-RKB.CFG, it existed), it will use the standard name, GSX.CFG, we'll try to understand why some of you can't save, but it's not because of that.