Author Topic: GSX addon Manger File LOcation!  (Read 2978 times)

Empire

GSX addon Manger File LOcation!
« on: August 26, 2022, 01:56:29 pm »
Does the addon manager folder have to be located on the C drive under the location that was meant to be?

I have installed my GSX/Couatl on another drive :) but when trying to open the Couatl update software or installer or the settings it doesn't open. Every time I have to copy the single exe file to the Addon MAger C drive to get it to open and update then copy all files over to where my other files are located on the E drive.

Empire

Re: GSX addon Manger File LOcation!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 09:39:08 pm »
some reasons when on another drive outside the C drive just doesn't want to keep on running

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 10:31:42 pm »
You can install the Addon Manager on any drive but, if it's an external drive, it must be formatted in NTFS, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26874.0.html

Empire

« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 03:49:06 pm »
You can install the Addon Manager on any drive but, if it's an external drive, it must be formatted in NTFS, see here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26874.0.html
Well, that's cool. But while I have addon manager folder/files on my F drive and trying to open the installer or the update installer it doesn't open :( 

The only way for me to resolve it to open is to copy the EXE file to the Addon folder on my C drive (default installation that it gives as all) run it, opens all fine and 10 other files appear in the Addon manager folder on the C drive, then copy all that to the Addon manager folder that I have on the F drive and after that, it does open :( but I have to repeat it every day.

When I open the installer file on my F drive it opens then close it down again and I do see the installer2 exe file there but it's broken. also, it's NTFS

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 03:56:18 pm »
When I open the installer file on my F drive it opens then close it down again and I do see the installer2 exe file there but it's broken. also, it's NTFS

Where you place it exactly, on that F: drive ? You might have permission problems in that folder, usually the root. I assure you installing the Addon Manager on an external drive into something like F:\Addon Manager, works perfectly fine, as long the drive is NTFS.

That's completely irrelevant where you start the *installer* from. The installer can be started from a completely different place, but will ask you where you want to install the first time.

Empire

« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 04:25:07 pm »

Where you place it exactly, on that F: drive ? You might have permission problems in that folder, usually the root. I assure you installing the Addon Manager on an external drive into something like F:\Addon Manager, works perfectly fine, as long the drive is NTFS.

That's completely irrelevant where you start the *installer* from. The installer can be started from a completely different place, but will ask you where you want to install the first time.

Before when I had GSX for P3D it was on C/ProgramFiles(x86/Addonmanager

When MSFS GSX was released I did a complete clean install for couati, meaning I removed everything that has to deal with GSX and then did the install to a location ReserveDrive(F)/Mixed/FlightSimStaff/Addonmanager

The drive is indeed NTFS. So weird that it does this to me, other then maybe I just need to check permissions but even so that's should be all good

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 04:52:53 pm »
When MSFS GSX was released I did a complete clean install for couati, meaning I removed everything that has to deal with GSX and then did the install to a location ReserveDrive(F)/Mixed/FlightSimStaff/Addonmanager

So I assume you also cleared the registry key from the previous install ? That would be the only way it could let you choose another folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FSDreamTeam\root

Empire

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2022, 08:02:45 pm »

So I assume you also cleared the registry key from the previous install ? That would be the only way it could let you choose another folder:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\FSDreamTeam\root
  Nope I did not, and I have checked it and the root says it's (F)/Mixed/FlightSimStaff/Addonmanager