Author Topic: GSX services automatically start...  (Read 997 times)

Ankh

GSX services automatically start...
« on: August 26, 2022, 12:47:13 pm »
I am somehow overwhelmed by this software, this mess with keycommands working sometimes and sometimes not is just killing me even for adjustment of a single gate. But then, what is even worse: the moment I close the editor, GSX PRO always (!) starts some service and I can no longer get the GSX menue to show up. Is this a bug or a feature? What I did: I put the Fenix A320 on a Gate on Kos airport, did some modifications for the vehicle positions and passenger walkway and if I hit enter, the GSX editor menue appears and I click on apply. The moment I close this window, it somehow starts an unboarding process by moving the stairs and baggage loaders to the plane and some passengers exit, some baggage is unloaded and then all vehicels leave the plane. During this whole process, I am unable to access the GSX menue anymore, but also afterwards, no chance, I have to go back to the MSFS main menue and restart the flight to do another editing. This is certainly not correct, right? But what am I doing wrong here?

Fiorentoni

Re: GSX services automatically start...
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 12:56:54 pm »
I am somehow overwhelmed by this software, this mess with keycommands working sometimes and sometimes not is just killing me even for adjustment of a single gate. But then, what is even worse: the moment I close the editor, GSX PRO always (!) starts some service and I can no longer get the GSX menue to show up. Is this a bug or a feature? What I did: I put the Fenix A320 on a Gate on Kos airport, did some modifications for the vehicle positions and passenger walkway and if I hit enter, the GSX editor menue appears and I click on apply. The moment I close this window, it somehow starts an unboarding process by moving the stairs and baggage loaders to the plane and some passengers exit, some baggage is unloaded and then all vehicels leave the plane. During this whole process, I am unable to access the GSX menue anymore, but also afterwards, no chance, I have to go back to the MSFS main menue and restart the flight to do another editing. This is certainly not correct, right? But what am I doing wrong here?

There's a setting in the settings page that automatically starts processes. It's off by default, but you might have switched it on accidentally.

Ankh

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 12:59:14 pm »
Ok, I check that, although I am pretty sure I did not change anything. And even IF, why I do not get the GSX menue back anymore if services are finished?

Fiorentoni

« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2022, 01:57:51 pm »
Ok, I check that, although I am pretty sure I did not change anything. And even IF, why I do not get the GSX menue back anymore if services are finished?

Not sure, usually when the button stops working at all it's because COUATL crashed (you can see if it's still in the system tray). If it crashed you can use "start couatl for GSX MSFS" (just enter it into the windows search after hitting the windows key and it should appear) to restart it. Works fine within a flight and takes only a couple of seconds.

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2022, 02:50:32 pm »
Good to know, although I also do not think that Couatl crashed, because the services were running... Anyway, some good points to check, thanks