Author Topic: Pushback walker goes to the wrong side of the plane to show pin  (Read 2041 times)

Brokenbroccoli

The Person that shows the bypass pin at the end of a pushback always walks to the wrong side of the plane. He always has to walk across the taxiway, that's not realistic. Funny enough, if the Gate is to the right of the plane, he walks to the left and vice versa. It should be the other way around. Can you fix this please?

manni2811

Re: Pushback walker goes to the wrong side of the plane to show pin
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2022, 11:11:01 am »
There are many things that do not correspond to the real processes at an airport.

airbadger

« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2022, 12:56:59 pm »
Agree, this should be fixed

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 12:09:49 pm »
We'll look into it. It would be useful to get more information about these procedures.  90% of GSX development time is spent on overcoming SDK limitations and modeling, mostly the first one...

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 12:23:20 pm »
We'll look into it. It would be useful to get more information about these procedures.  90% of GSX development time is spent on overcoming SDK limitations and modeling, mostly the first one...
Thank you very much for looking into it, I think it should be a pretty easy fix, because he really always gets the wrong side, I guess the "walk to L/R side" rule got confused somehow. Just turn it around and it's good to go.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 01:31:17 pm »
I guess the "walk to L/R side" rule got confused somehow. Just turn it around and it's good to go.

The isn't any rule applied to it to begin with, the only thing that matters as far the Wingwlker path is calculated, is trying to prevent him to cross the towbar or the tow truck itself, so it stays on a certain side, depending how the airport paths are made.

So, such rule should be added, I guess with the related audio messages about the side he'll be. In multiple regional accents. In two gender variations...

Brokenbroccoli

« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2022, 04:09:48 pm »
I don't think new audio is really nesessary. Sure it would be nice to have to be told on what side to look at, but I think just changing the side the walker walks to is the more important part. The "nice to have" part (voices) can come at a later point
« Last Edit: August 30, 2022, 04:13:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2022, 04:14:36 pm »
I don't think new audio is really nesessary. Sure it would be nice to have to be told on what side to look at, but I think just changing the side the walker walks to is the more important part. The "nice to have" part (voices) can come at a later point

But since the part that will take more time to test and troubleshoot is the path taken, the audio will come anyway, since it's not the difficult thing.

Mooze

« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2022, 05:38:28 pm »
Not sure how complex is that but simply he just moves to the opposite side after pushback, if its a Left turn tail PB he is going to the right side and VV. Am no expert but it doesnt seen to be a huge revision in the code, but definitely a huge deal realism wise for sure.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2022, 05:48:33 pm »
, if its a Left turn tail PB he is going to the right side and VV.

It must work with every kind of pushback, even custom ones with any possible route that can be customized by the user, which might not have any relationship to the initial Left/Right direction.

Mooze

« Reply #10 on: August 30, 2022, 06:11:14 pm »
I understand that but it is consistent that the agent goes always to the opposite side without exception.

rjack1282

« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 01:25:38 pm »
Regardless of custom pushbacks or weird edge-case pushbacks, the default behavior should be when choosing Nose Right/Tail Left, the signal is on the left and vice versa.  The basic procedure stuff should be default behavior. 

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 01:48:44 pm »
Regardless of custom pushbacks or weird edge-case pushbacks, the default behavior should be when choosing Nose Right/Tail Left, the signal is on the left and vice versa.  The basic procedure stuff should be default behavior.

The method should work in any case, not just in standard situations. Which is why, I said we'll do it, properly.

KO

« Reply #13 on: August 31, 2022, 11:21:14 pm »
Hey Virtuali,

I think this can also be approached with the standard tail left/nose right (walker to be on left) or tail right/nose left (walker to be on right).

I don't know of a way to identify it for custom pushbacks though.