Author Topic: CS 777 Fleet Sinks Into Ground On Pushback And While Using 3D Aircraft Editor  (Read 5092 times)

lllPulse

I've been having issues using the CS 777 Aircraft on pushback and on the 3d editor. When the pushback is commenced, the aircraft sinks into the ground. When the 3d aircraft editor is used and it changes into the drone cam, it sinks into the ground. I've attached what it looks like below.

mertayd1n

same here.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Does it happen with any other plane ?

lllPulse

Does it happen with any other plane ?

Nope just with the 777

Stephmic09

I’ve also had this happen with the CS 777-300ER, but I’ve been able to correct it so far by either restarting my flight or going in and out of the GSX menu/editor. Doesn’t happen every time for me.

sworddevil

I have the same problem

lllPulse

I’ve also had this happen with the CS 777-300ER, but I’ve been able to correct it so far by either restarting my flight or going in and out of the GSX menu/editor. Doesn’t happen every time for me.

Tried this out and still getting the same sinking issue on pushback. It seems like it has something to do with the "freeze" part of GSX that occurs on pushback, considering it only happens when the aircraft is supposed to freeze.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Tried this out and still getting the same sinking issue on pushback. It seems like it has something to do with the "freeze" part of GSX that occurs on pushback, considering it only happens when the aircraft is supposed to freeze.

Sure it happens because GSX needs to freeze the airplane, that's why I asked if it happens with other planes because, when the airplane is frozen, it supposed to sit on its static_cg over its contact points so, maybe, there's something unusual with that airplane contact points.

In MSFS, by activating Devevelopers mode, there's a menu where you can visualize lots of things about the airplane, including checking where the contact points, like gears, have been set.

lllPulse

Sure it happens because GSX needs to freeze the airplane, that's why I asked if it happens with other planes because, when the airplane is frozen, it supposed to sit on its static_cg over its contact points so, maybe, there's something unusual with that airplane contact points.

In MSFS, by activating Devevelopers mode, there's a menu where you can visualize lots of things about the airplane, including checking where the contact points, like gears, have been set.

Figured out where the static_cg value was for the aircraft and adjusted it. The aircraft no longer sinks into the ground when I set the value to 18.6.

sworddevil

Figured out where the static_cg value was for the aircraft and adjusted it. The aircraft no longer sinks into the ground when I set the value to 18.6.

location please

sworddevil

C:\Users\yourname\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Packages\Community\masterrob94-salty-777\SimObjects\Airplanes\CS_B777-300ER_GE115B

open flight_model in notebook
under
[contact points]
find and change
static_cg_height = 18.6

I tested it
need to change under gsx aircraft configuration uncheck pushbackraise

Stephmic09

Ugh. So, I just got the 777-300ER and I had the same sinking issues on pushback and editing the aircraft. My previous post here I hadn't even tried pushing back yet after I got the 777. I am using mods for the aircraft, Salty mod. Now that I've got the aircraft not sinking, I cannot move it once pushback has completed. Any throttle input from very little to full TOGA doesn't move the aircraft forward at all. It's just stuck in position and won't move. Checked all brakes, everything. No idea why the aircraft isn't moving. Not sure if it's due to GSX and changing those numbers or something else? Any ideas?

Stephmic09

And I can at least confirm that when starting on a runway the aircraft works as it should. Only after using pushback does it not want to budge. Not sure why.

Charlesnb

Hello there. Thank you for all your useful comments, but I still have the same problem, even if I adjusted the static gc to 18.6 (or any other value), this doesn't change anything and my 777 keeps on sinking during pushback. Any ideas please ?

Charlesnb

Any help please ?  :'(