Author Topic: Passenger load does not match sim brif data  (Read 10343 times)

Pirateinparadise

Re: Passenger load does not match sim brif data
« Reply #30 on: August 29, 2022, 08:11:42 pm »
...and yet here you are still wasting time trying to fix it.

Fix what? Nothing is broken. I changed the 800 and the correct # of pax loaded.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #31 on: August 29, 2022, 08:49:58 pm »
what is the problem that gsx can't manage to load the correct number of PAX? here is written so much because you can no longer see through 

There's no problem whatsoever with GSX and the number of passenger, the only problem here is, the PMDG 737-800 has the wrong icao_type_designator in its aircraft.cfg, PMDG has already said it was an oversight, and they'll fix it, or you can fix it yourself in 5 minutes.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #32 on: August 29, 2022, 08:56:45 pm »
...and yet here you are still wasting time trying to fix it.

I'd be wasting way more time if I had to explain why GSX ignores the airplane type, so it would try to fit 400 passengers on a 737, just because your latest flight used an 747. Most people will assume GSX has a bug, and your suggestion to make it more complex with warnings will only make worse what is being handled automatically by checking the airplane type, which is obviously the one sane choice.

And yes, I even consider complicating the code further, making a complex heuristic translation table from "what the heck the developer might have called the airplane", into the proper icao type.  And I decided to not do it, it's an international agreed standard with a unique code for a good reason, no need to make GSX any more complex than already is.

somiller

« Reply #33 on: August 29, 2022, 09:36:47 pm »
I don't understand how you consider silently erroring and not using SB passenger manifest as being "handled automatically." Why would you have to explain anything...if the customer attempts to use the wrong aircraft, I hardly see how that's your problem, or how the customer could consider it your problem. When I allowed GSX to estimate passengers it tried to load 214 on my 738 - hardly realistic. As far as making it more complex, that's why I said the best solution is to ignore the aircraft type - if the customer has ignored it and chosen the wrong type, why does it make sense to question them. But the whole point is that I wasn't even using the wrong type...and developers employ bad data all the time...a perfect example being the case with PMDG - arguably one of the best aircraft developers around - just ignore it! Seems to me NOT ignoring it is the only reason this thread exists!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 09:37:38 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #34 on: August 29, 2022, 09:47:41 pm »
I don't understand how you consider silently erroring and not using SB passenger manifest as being "handled automatically."

It's exactly that.

if the customer attempts to use the wrong aircraft, I hardly see how that's your problem, or how the customer could consider it your problem.

Of course the customer will think it's a GSX bug, when it will see 400 passengers magically fit in a 737.

When I allowed GSX to estimate passengers it tried to load 214 on my 738 - hardly realistic.

Only because the icao type was wrong in the airplane itself. See ? Even you make the easy mistake of blaming GSX for a problem in the aircraft, imagine how it would look like if GSX called 5 Buses worth of people instead! The 737-800 can carry up to 189 people, that's not as big as an "error" of using the wrong type in Simbrief without checking if the plan was for the correct airplane.

As far as making it more complex, that's why I said the best solution is to ignore the aircraft type - if the customer has ignored it and chosen the wrong type, why does it make sense to question them.

That's why I explained multiple times I don't agree with this, and your solution is way worse.

Seems to me NOT ignoring it is the only reason this thread exists!

The only reason this thread exist is because PMDG is very popular and made a very excusable mistake, which will be fixed soon and nobody will ever remember this thread. But if we did the mistake of ignoring the airplane type, GSX will be always at risk of loading numbers *completely* off.

somiller

« Reply #35 on: August 29, 2022, 10:00:01 pm »
Uninstalled - How do I get a refund?
« Last Edit: August 29, 2022, 10:01:36 pm by somiller »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #36 on: August 29, 2022, 10:01:06 pm »
How do I get a refund?

And what this is supposed to even mean ? Now you want a refund because you don't agree with a design choice that has been explained thoroughly ? For an issue that was caused by a *trivially* easy to fix "bug" ( I won't even call it a real bug ) in another product, with GSX performing as designed ?

somiller

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2022, 10:13:53 pm »
It means I made a mistake, I should have read and watched more reviews before impulsively buying, I won't use it because I prefer to fly and not spend a lot of time fiddling and customizing.

Umberto, I own almost all your products 3X now between FSX, P3D and MSFS, including GSX, and will continue to buy your airports because they're some of the best. I've paid my dues for the last 30 or so odd years fiddling with flight sims and related software, and after all that time I find myself infinitely less tolerant of having to spend time doing everything except what flightsimming is about - flying. I expect you'll have a strong customer base for GSX and I hope you make a ton of money from it - heaven knows it took a ton of work to get it here - this experience has proven it's just not for me anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2022, 10:21:33 pm »
It means I made a mistake, I should have read and watched more reviews before impulsively buying, I won't use it because I prefer to fly and not spend a lot of time fiddling and customizing.

About the issue that has been discussed here, the only thing you had to fiddle with, was the aircraft.cfg of the airplane. Somehow I guess if you go over the PMDG forums saying the requirement to having to fiddle with the aircraft.cfg to fix a problem would warrant a refund request, won't probably be taken too well. But that's just my guess, you can always try...

somiller

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2022, 10:30:35 pm »
Enjoy my donation. Clearly you have LOTS of other GSX issues to deal with.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #40 on: August 29, 2022, 10:35:19 pm »
Enjoy my donation. Clearly you have LOTS of other GSX issues to deal with.

You got it backwards: I already issued a refund to you so, you'll be able to use it for free, at least until you change your hardware.

pre111

« Reply #41 on: August 29, 2022, 11:41:30 pm »
This is my first post I just read this thread I cannot believe this customer somiller sometimes I guess you just can't fix stupid
Have paid for and been using GSX since day one, and after reading the manual over twice I have not had one problem best thing since sliced bread

jack153

« Reply #42 on: August 30, 2022, 06:52:07 pm »
how to fix this now? as said the config of the 738 is adjusted nevertheless GSX works incorrectly so

I want now finally a solution that works  >:(

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: August 30, 2022, 06:59:44 pm »
how to fix this now? as said the config of the 738 is adjusted nevertheless GSX works incorrectly so

An unidentified airplane type is only one of the possible reason why Simbrief is not active, the others all indicated at Page 60 of the GSX Manual.

If you are sure all the conditions has been satisfied in your case, you can enable logging in the GSX troubleshooting section and, when you activate a gate, all information about SimBrief will be logged there, indicating why the dispatch hasn't be loaded.

moxiejeff

« Reply #44 on: August 31, 2022, 12:55:28 am »
this entry change leads to the next error so only 9 pax are loaded so this does not work either

It actually DOES work. Make sure you've corrected the appropriate lines as detailed above in this thread.