Author Topic: Jetways and Boarding at 3rd Party Airports  (Read 1149 times)

Flightdoc

Jetways and Boarding at 3rd Party Airports
« on: August 25, 2022, 02:05:51 am »
So at both NZAA and EBBR I am having trouble with jetways. I have tried both ways at EBBR -- using replacement jetway and excluding the airport from the list.

Now I cant call for a jetway at EBBR using any method when I spawn into a gate or when I taxi to a gate. The jetway option is gone from the default ATC Ground menu and does not work from the GSX menu. At NZAA its different. I can spawn and extend the jetway but then when I call for boarding the jetway retracts and the plane is loaded. Is there a configuration option where I can fix this? Running the Flybywire A320.
« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 02:30:58 am by len hjalmarson »
Flightdoc

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetways and Boarding at 3rd Party Airports
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 07:53:44 pm »
Assuming both are 3rd party airports, once you exclude their ICAO from Jetway replacements ( so they are on the Right list ), you should see exactly the same jetways you had before in the scenery, so if they don't appear and can't be called, not even from the default ATC menu, that's surely not a GSX Problem.

However, be sure the relevant .BGL have been moved OUT from their folder:

\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways

TO the backup folder:

\Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways_backup

This is what the Config panel in the Installer is supposed to do so, if you don't see the affected airport in the main folder, and you see it  in the backup folder, then you are all fine, and there's no way GSX can possibly affect jetway behavior at that airports.

It goes without saying, all these operations must be performed when the simulator is not running. Any changes to the scenery list, will always require a restart.