Author Topic: Check again pax number from Simbrief after first flight  (Read 1977 times)

Darewell

Check again pax number from Simbrief after first flight
« on: August 25, 2022, 07:17:34 pm »
Hello,

I manage to retrieve the corect number of passengers from Simbrief for my first flight. As explained in the manual GSX will check the Simbrief flight plan (assuming we meet the conditions, departure, aircraft and ETD) when we open GSX menu for the first time.

But what about the next flight? Do we need to restart couatl to force GSX checking again? Or just launching a new flight from MFS world map is enough?

Thanks!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Check again pax number from Simbrief after first flight
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 07:19:50 pm »
GSX will always reconnect to Simbrief each time you activate a new Gate.

That's also why the menu doesn't come up "immediately", it's doing the connection to Simbrief, amongst other things, like creating Traffic cones.

Darewell

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 07:23:11 pm »
Thanks,

exactly the answer I was looking for.

rogermoore

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 09:09:02 pm »
Is there anyway to confirm the simbrief data has successfully arrived ?

Gooey07

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 03:08:45 pm »
What about if doing a second flight after first one without exiting sim. I get correct number of passengers for first flight. Second leg simbrief  dispatch has different passenger count, however GSX shows same number of passengers as first leg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 03:35:58 pm »
What about if doing a second flight after first one without exiting sim.

Just select "Restart Couatl" on the 2nd flight.

Gooey07

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 10:27:42 pm »
Ok, thank you

fabriable

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 12:20:12 am »
What about if doing a second flight after first one without exiting sim.

Just select "Restart Couatl" on the 2nd flight.

Restarting Couatl will remove all stairs am i right? So we need to request to operate stairs again.. not real. Will this be updated so we can do multiple flights without removing objects?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 01:26:49 am »
Restarting Couatl will remove all stairs am i right? So we need to request to operate stairs again.. not real. Will this be updated so we can do multiple flights without removing objects?

As I've said, Simbrief reload is done when you first access a gate and vehicles are recreated so, regardless if you restart Couatl or not, all vehicles would have been removed nevertheless.

FerrevmVnion

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 05:52:42 pm »
It doesnt work without leaving the flight when restart Coutl .... First Flight: Correct number #10 Pax ... second flight #214 (it should be 14)

rsaberi

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 07:58:06 pm »
I can confirm that unless you restart the Coutl... the Simbrief data for the 2nd flight is not imported (not once has this happened and I have done many flights already). It would be good if there was a "Import Simbrief" button there so we could use that instead of restarting the system.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 09:36:37 pm »
I can confirm that unless you restart the Coutl... the Simbrief data for the 2nd flight is not imported (not once has this happened and I have done many flights already). It would be good if there was a "Import Simbrief" button there so we could use that instead of restarting the system.

What I was trying to say is that, since Simbrief data is reloaded when a gate is first set and the airplane is found there parked, that is the time you see traffic cones forming around you, it's even before GSX vehicles have been created and an operator has been chosen so, basically, it's not any different than just restarting Couatl.

It's not as if we can just put a "Load simbrief" button. At minimum, it won't be always available, surely you can't reload Simbrief (possibly affecting the passenger number) when passengers already started boarding. And of course, when a 3rd party airplane set the passenger number by itself, there must be a priority.

Currently, if the airplane sets the passenger number explicitly, Simbrief won't even be used, because it's supposed the airplane knows what to do, this means things must be done at a certain time, checking first if the airplane has set the number, and check Simbrief when it hasn't, meaning the best time to do that is...exactly where it is now, on Gate reset, before anything further decision that might affect the choice of vehicles (the bus type depends on the passenger number too ) hasn't been made yet, and that's why allowing to change it after service started is...the same as Restarting Couatl.

rsaberi

« Reply #12 on: August 30, 2022, 08:15:17 am »
Ok but right now the only way GSX will get the correct number of passengers for the 2nd flight (without existing the flight and restarting) is by restarting Couatl which will remove all the vehicles and we have to start again by operating stairs, etc. If you are happy with that, then it is what it is. But if you want to make the operation more realistic (so the stairs don't move away, etc.) then you can add a simbrief import button. We all would understand that you would have to hit button once the deboarding from last flight is completed and you have your simbrief set for the 2nd leg, then you hit impot. I don't think that would be hard for us to do. But I understand that adding a button is not simply like adding a button. So basically up to you if you want to improve your product or not.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2022, 10:42:00 am »
. But if you want to make the operation more realistic (so the stairs don't move away, etc.) then you can add a simbrief import button. We all would understand that you would have to hit button once the deboarding from last flight is completed and you have your simbrief set for the 2nd leg, then you hit import.

The issue is, most users won't understand so, the only safe way to prevent using the button at the wrong time, would be disabling it at all times, except before vehicles are created, or after all services are completed. That's not really different than Couatl Restart, just an extra button you won't be able to click most of the times.

rsaberi

« Reply #14 on: August 31, 2022, 02:21:08 am »
sure but again since we would enjoy this to be as realistic as possible, it would be nice if the stairs and all the cars didn't disappear for simbfrief update. Right now with the restart button, everything disappears and you have to start the process from scratch.