Author Topic: No GSX Jetways at freeware airports  (Read 1236 times)

csv1996

No GSX Jetways at freeware airports
« on: August 25, 2022, 03:46:15 am »
I have made and published a few airports on flightsim.to, and for example at KROC, I used the standard Microsoft jetways, and if if installing latin vfr's jetways pro, they do get replaced, however not by gsx regardless of if I exclude it or not.  I did read the manual, and states I can replace them with the GSX ones, but if this is something I am publishing, would this mean that the person that downloads it will need gsx installed as well, or does it actually give them the jetway and if so wouldn't that break copyright laws?  is there another solution I need to be aware of?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: No GSX Jetways at freeware airports
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 12:11:57 pm »
I don't think the manual says you can replace Jetways at 3rd party airports.

In fact, it states exactly the opposite: the "Exclude the 3rd party" button in the Config panel is used to *prevent* 3rd party airport jetways to be replaced, because the files we supply GSX with to do the jetway replacement, are supposed to be used only with default airport, because they match parking spots and jetway positions precisely.

What freeware authors CAN do, instead, is using the vast library of GSX jetways to create their sceneries. Once freeware authors will realize that, there will be an explosion of freeware add-on for GSX.

csv1996

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 04:47:43 pm »
So what you are saying is that I am free to edit my scenery and replace the default jetways withe the gsx ones and publish it

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 04:57:45 pm »
So what you are saying is that I am free to edit my scenery and replace the default jetways withe the gsx ones and publish it

Sure, just advise users that won't see the jetways if they don't have GSX.

If you supply your scenery with an included GSX .INI profile in your package, in the same folder of the airport .BGL file, you can do all sort of things like custom pushback, *VGDS*, custom passenger paths, moving people inside terminals, resulting in a freeware rivaling and surpassing many payware...