Author Topic: Change pushback tug for GSX MSFS  (Read 1836 times)

ChaseMan1

Change pushback tug for GSX MSFS
« on: August 25, 2022, 04:44:32 am »
Hello I recently purchased the 737-800 from PMDG. I noticed that the pushback tug is the huge one instead of the towbar push back tug I had on the 737-700. Is their a way to get the towbar or completely remove the big pushback tug thanks.

chrispy

Re: Change pushback tug for GSX MSFS
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2022, 06:27:46 am »
+1 Yeah, i'm not seeing it on the manual. Would love to only use the pushback with towbar

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 11:13:04 am »
That's only because the PMDG 737-800 came out TODAY, so it cannot possibly already be included in GSX! I just bought it now, the proper config will arrive later.

ChaseMan1

« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 01:52:18 pm »
Oh cause some people on YouTube videos and stuff like that has the towbar and some has the big one. They said it’s lucky and unlucky to get it.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 04:36:13 pm »
Oh cause some people on YouTube videos and stuff like that has the towbar and some has the big one. They said it’s lucky and unlucky to get it

Yes, Pushback Tug choice is "somewhat" related to randomization, but first the objects needs to pass certain constraints, like airplane weight for example. The big Towbarless tug is just too big for a 737, because its cabin will hit the bottom part of the nose. So it has an additional constraint (weight alone wouldn't be enough, an A320 is not that different in weight but it's much higher) to be selected based on the main door height, which can give us some idea how the bottom of the front fuselage would be, so you will never see it on the 737. HOWEVER, this requires the airplane to be properly configured, with all doors in the correct place, so that GSX can do a proper choice based on all that information. The 737-800 just came out today, so it's not supported in GSX yet, but it surely will be very shortly.

dreampilot

« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2022, 12:25:53 am »
Wouldn't it be possible to specify in the aircraft configuration menu (or in the gsx.cfg) which truck can service the aircraft? Just like with the cargo loading.
I don't know how many different trucks there are, but the huge lift truck looks wrong even on the A320. It's almost touching the nose. I would like to force it to something a little smaller.

Thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2022, 01:02:53 am »
I don't know how many different trucks there are, but the huge lift truck looks wrong even on the A320. It's almost touching the nose. I would like to force it to something a little smaller.

It's not a matter of specifying the truck, it more an issue of *having* more truck models. We had more models in P3D but, we didn't want include outdated models that looked out of place in MSFS so, we'll add new models in the future, like a smaller truck with no towbar that can be used on small-mid size planes.

Once we'll have that, it would be best not to select them in the airplane configuration, because then you'll be stuck with them everywhere you go, when it's more realistic to have a variation of adequate models that all can be fitted to the airplane, and selected automatically at random.

dreampilot

« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2022, 05:11:29 pm »
It's not a matter of specifying the truck, it more an issue of *having* more truck models. We had more models in P3D but, we didn't want include outdated models that looked out of place in MSFS so, we'll add new models in the future, like a smaller truck with no towbar that can be used on small-mid size planes.

Once we'll have that, it would be best not to select them in the airplane configuration, because then you'll be stuck with them everywhere you go, when it's more realistic to have a variation of adequate models that all can be fitted to the airplane, and selected automatically at random.

Okay, nice to know there will be better fitting trucks down the road.