Author Topic: GSX - Paintkit? Iranian Airlines are Missing  (Read 3235 times)

rsaberi

GSX - Paintkit? Iranian Airlines are Missing
« on: August 24, 2022, 11:26:31 pm »
Hello,

Thank you for this wonderful product. I know it's a work in progress but I love it and it adds a lot to the sim. I noticed there are no Iranian Airlines in the long list of airlines. Is it possible to add Iran Air (at the very least) to the available liveries? Is there a paintkit that we can use to create it. I can send all the necessary photos if this is something that can only be created inhouse.

Also, I know people have had some suggestions for improvements but I have two that I think are important:
1) Add a Simbrief Import button so we don't have to restart Couatl for 2nd, 3rd, etc. legs of flight.
2) Add an option for removing the stairs instead of having them automatically leave once the boarding is completed.

In the future, it would be great if you can expand the project to have records of passengers, flight logs, flight performance data, in-flight serving, announcement so we don't have to use multiple products.

Thanks again for the great work.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: GSX - Paintkit? Iranian Airlines are Missing
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 11:30:13 pm »
1) Add a Simbrief Import button so we don't have to restart Couatl for 2nd, 3rd, etc. legs of flight.

You don't have to restart it, a connection to Simbrief is made again each time you park the airplane and call the GSX menu ( when you see traffic cones appear as well ), that's why sometimes the menu is slow.

2) Add an option for removing the stairs instead of having them automatically leave once the boarding is completed.

That's what "operate stairs" does.

In the future, it would be great if you can expand the project to have records of passengers, flight logs, flight performance data, in-flight serving, announcement so we don't have to use multiple products.

We'll try to concentrate on ground services and passengers. But yes, sometime passengers will fly with you...

rsaberi

« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2022, 05:37:46 am »
If I don't restart,  the number of passengers stay the same as last flight and are not updated per the new Simbrief  for a return/second leg of the flight.
Operate stairs is fine but when the boarding is complete, the stairs automatically move away. Since the program is not fully working with Fenix, Fenix is still boarding and the stairs move away, so you have to operate them again. It would be nice if there was an option that the stairs wouldn't leave automatically and you could manually have them move.

Also, not sure if you saw my request for Iran Air livery. Is that something you guys can do or is it something we can create? There is a significant number of Iranian Simmers that currently have no airline choice and there wasn't any list of airlines available at the time of purchase. So I hope you can add that to the list of available liveries in middle-east/Iran. Would really appreciate it.

Thanks again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2022, 11:20:34 am »
Operate stairs is fine but when the boarding is complete, the stairs automatically move away. Since the program is not fully working with Fenix, Fenix is still boarding and the stairs move away, so you have to operate them again. It would be nice if there was an option that the stairs wouldn't leave automatically and you could manually have them move.

We'll see about that but, the whole point will be not relevant anymore if we'll have full integration with the Fenix.

Also, not sure if you saw my request for Iran Air livery. Is that something you guys can do or is it something we can create?

The request is noted, it's very easy for us to add new operators, because it's all automated, but even if it's theoretically possible for users, is extremely difficult.

falcon71

« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2022, 11:27:59 am »
In P3D we could create a livery for our virtual airline. Would you be open for including fictional (but established) virtual airlines in your distribution? Or is there a way to create a separate package, that we can offer our members ourself?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2022, 11:41:07 am »
In P3D ( 4.4/4.5 only ) it was very easy to create a custom texture, since we had Render To Texture there, using DX11 directly. There's no such thing in MSFS, and it's unlikely it will ever arrive.

falcon71

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 11:43:35 am »
Would you be open to include virtual airlines in your distribution? I can send you the texture I used in P3D.

CEN2RION

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 12:50:52 pm »

The request is noted, it's very easy for us to add new operators, because it's all automated, but even if it's theoretically possible for users, is extremely difficult.

Maybe it's possible to add a tool for adding new operators? For example, through FSDT Live Update, where we perform the GSX config. It would also be possible to add a rule editing function for already existing operators. I think such a feature would be in demand.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 01:03:42 pm »
It would also be possible to add a rule editing function for already existing operators. I think such a feature would be in demand.

This is already possible and supported. It just didn't make it in the MSFS manual, it's discussed briefly in the P3D manual and it's easy to miss it, but you could get an idea how it works by reading the first lines of this file, which are comments ( all the one starting with ; )

\Addon Manager\texture\rules_handling.cfg

While you cold theoretically edit this file directly, it's strongly suggested not to do it, because it will be overwritten at the next Live Update. The proper way is to copy it to your profile folder here:

%APPDATA%\virtuali\texture

I suggest including ONLY the sections for the operators you want to reassign, so the file should probably be much smaller.

The sections you include in your custom rules file will take precedence over the same section defined in the stock file, so you can effectively reassign operators in bulk, without having to edit them for each parking/airport (which you can always do, that will take the highest priority of all).

Please note, while there is a jetwaylogo rules file, that doesn't mean you can change jetways in MSFS like that. That file is only used in FSX/P3D.

rsaberi

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 11:58:41 pm »
Thank you very much sir. I am glad it's easy to add an operator. It would be awesome to have Iran Air as one of them (default for Iran). Let me know if you need anything from me. I appreciate your consideration. Also, please let me know how I can get it when you get a chance to work on it.

Thanks again

rsaberi

« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2022, 02:31:03 am »
Hello,

Any luck with Iran Air being added to the list of operator? Do you need any information regarding that? Since you said it's easy for your team to add operator, I wanted to follow up. I would really appreciate the addition. We can then start creating profiles for Iranian Airports.
Thanks,

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 31, 2022, 10:13:35 am »
I'm sorry, we'll add some operators for sure, as soon as we can.

rsaberi

« Reply #12 on: August 31, 2022, 07:57:56 pm »
Ok. Thank you. Let me know if you need any info/photos ...

rsaberi

« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2022, 08:35:05 am »
Hello, just following up on this! Any chance we will get Iran Air as an operator? You said it was easy to add operators so not sure why it takes so long! It would be nice if there was a paint kit for the software so we didn't have to request operators being added. Would really appreciate if you could add this to the list. Would even be ok if I had to pay extra!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: September 14, 2022, 08:36:55 am »
We are in a middle of an update, so we can't release anything right now, but we'll do it as soon as possible.