Author Topic: GSX with Flightbeam KSFO no longer works  (Read 5114 times)

nathantw

GSX with Flightbeam KSFO no longer works
« on: August 23, 2022, 06:43:15 pm »
I ran FSDT Live update and now Flightbeam KSFO GSX doesn't work. It's as though it's back to the trial version. Only 1 GSX jetway is available. All the other airports appear to work though.

(update) I restored the Addon Manager folder from backup and all is working now. However, that update really did a doozy on KSFO.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:06:44 pm by nathantw »

peja1591

Re: GSX with Flightbeam KSFO no longer works
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 02:49:28 pm »
all of my airports work fine except the flightbeam ones...

fnav77

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 04:04:34 pm »
Same here....Flightbeam's KDEN, KIAD and KSFO do not work, GSX only recognises 1 gate at those airports and so does the GSX Customization tool ("customize Airport Positions").

KPHX seems to be working with GSX recognising all the gates.

These sceneries used to work fine before.....

peja1591

« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2022, 05:54:06 pm »
Same here....Flightbeam's KDEN, KIAD and KSFO do not work, GSX only recognises 1 gate at those airports and so does the GSX Customization tool ("customize Airport Positions").

Yup +1

liamr685

« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2022, 06:57:55 pm »

It’s hit and miss which airports work with GSX currently.

Did some tests after the most recent update that has fixed the vanishing jetways.

Uk2000 egcc, GSX recognises all gates, but there’s no jetway animations.
Uk2000 egll, only 1 gate recognised, but when at it “gate is isolated, no services”
Uk2000 egkk, all seems to work ok.
T2G othh, all seems to work.
FlyTampa omdb, no jetway animations.

GSX is massively bust right now and I think it’s going to be a while before it returns to pre Thursdays destruction.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2022, 07:00:26 pm »
GSX is massively bust right now and I think it’s going to be a while before it returns to pre Thursdays destruction.

You are assuming too many things, the only thing we need to fix things quickly, is for the traffic on the forum to go down.

fnav77

« Reply #6 on: August 25, 2022, 11:34:49 am »

You are assuming too many things, the only thing we need to fix things quickly, is for the traffic on the forum to go down.
If the traffic is high on this forum it is because you messed up big time...no apologies...nothing! And now you want people to stop people reporting issues? Are you serious?
Liam is absolutely right...The number one priority is to fix what you broke! And quickly!

Adam66

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2022, 12:36:35 pm »
People on the forum want admins to tell us whats happening, but that shows the fixes down.

Maybe let FSDT get on with fixing GSX and allowing them to read the comments when there are several feeds that are the same... .

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2022, 12:42:53 pm »
Damned if I do, damned if I don't. You want "fixes quickly" but at the same time you want to be constantly assured fixes are coming.

Papacoach

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2022, 01:47:16 pm »
I noticed this at KSFO and a few others yesterday, which was the first time I've loaded it since the update. I opened the ini file in the user/appdata/roaming location and noticed that the afcad location listing was not correct. Changed it to reflect the entire afcad path and reset couatl and all gates came back.

I spent another few hours making sure all ini files had correct afcad listings. After that all seemed fine.

fnav77

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2022, 06:13:52 pm »
I noticed this at KSFO and a few others yesterday, which was the first time I've loaded it since the update. I opened the ini file in the user/appdata/roaming location and noticed that the afcad location listing was not correct. Changed it to reflect the entire afcad path and reset couatl and all gates came back.

I spent another few hours making sure all ini files had correct afcad listings. After that all seemed fine.

Hi,
Could you please elaborate on this? I have inserted the location of the .bgl file after the line "afcad_path = C:\etc....) in the GSX .ini file for KSFO, restarted the whole sim, GSX is still recognising only one gate. It does not work for me.

captaingreif

« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2022, 06:24:51 pm »

If the traffic is high on this forum it is because you messed up big time...no apologies...nothing! And now you want people to stop people reporting issues? Are you serious?
Liam is absolutely right...The number one priority is to fix what you broke! And quickly!

Exhibit A of the rudeness and arrogance of this developer. Absolutely deplorable behavior towards customers.

Papacoach

« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2022, 06:37:04 pm »
Hi,
Could you please elaborate on this? I have inserted the location of the .bgl file after the line "afcad_path = C:\etc....) in the GSX .ini file for KSFO, restarted the whole sim, GSX is still recognising only one gate. It does not work for me.

Sorry to hear that.

I deleted the ini file inside the flightbeam ksfo scenery folder so there would only be one option, which may be unnecessary. But did it anyway. Like you, I then made sure the ini in the user/appdata/roaming/... listed the [general] afcad_path entry pointing to the flightbeam scenery folder and correctly named afcad bgl file. I then used the restart couatl/rebuild cache option in the addon menu. That's it, I did nothing else. Then it showed all ksfo gates. NOTE: all of the above was actually with the sim running fyi.

We haven't needed the whole afcad path in the past. However, GSX seems to generate it now when you start editing a new airport. So I edited all my ini files with the entire path location and made sure that there were no ini files in the scenery folders for all my payware airports. fwiw.

Hope you can get it to work!

« Last Edit: August 25, 2022, 06:46:31 pm by Papacoach »

fnav77

« Reply #13 on: August 25, 2022, 07:43:49 pm »
Papacoach, thank you for your reply.  8)

Yeah, the problem seemed to be the kxxx-flightbeam config files in the Flightbeam P3D scenery folder. The kxxx-flightbeam config file has all the gates information for GSX. Once you remove the file from the Flightbeam folder, then GSX registers all the gates and you can edit, etc... at will. Just to explain, kxxx=k+3 letter airport code, ie ksfo, kden, kphx, kiad, etc....

Same solution for KIAD and KDEN.

KPHX does not have that kxxx-flightbeam file, so no problem there. The only thing is that GSX recognises only the P3D v4 .bgl airport file but GSX seems to work.

Why we have to do that now I don't know. There was no such issue before. ::)

jalbino59

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2022, 09:18:48 pm »

That took care of this issue for me.  Thanks Papacoach