Author Topic: GSX update: what a disaster!  (Read 4266 times)

fnav77

GSX update: what a disaster!
« on: August 23, 2022, 03:49:57 pm »
Hi,
How come a new version of GSX for MSFS messes up P3D's GSX so badly?
When releasing new software, are you guys not testing it, because surely the problems would have been spotted straight away? Everybody now has a broken version of GSX for P3D.
Are you in such a rush to release a broken product to make money at the detriment of quality and customer satisfaction? This is extremely poor practice!
When I update a piece of software I expect it to work, I am not supposed to be a beta tester or spend my life on this forum to find out it actually is broken.
I know P3D is not your priority anymore but as your customer I expect the product I purchased from you to be working.
I don't appreciate you always put the blame on users for getting things wrong, not knowing what to do, etc...In this particular case YOU are the ones who got it awfully wrong....What a disaster!

So... please fix this ASAP and in a way that it is easy to update/correct via the Live Updater for example (not by having to follow 50 dodgy DIY steps requiring a computing technology degree).
Thank you.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 03:52:06 pm by fnav77 »

captaingreif

Re: GSX update: what a disaster!
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 05:59:11 pm »
Agreed wholeheartedly,

Since purchasing GSX for FSX and now using it on P3Dv5.

I have seen nothing but arrogance, combativeness, and a complete disregard for the customer by the developer. I find the responses on here along the lines of bullying and it's unacceptable!

Rob Jones

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 06:01:38 pm »
Agreed wholeheartedly,

I have seen nothing but arrogance, combativeness, and a complete disregard for the customer by the developer. I find the responses on here along the lines of bullying and it's unacceptable!

You obviously live in a different world to me. How rude. And wrong.

captaingreif

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 07:52:57 pm »
Agreed wholeheartedly,

You obviously live in a different world to me. How rude. And wrong.

No actually I don't... go take a look at how condescending the developer is to people on this forum... I personally got the brunt of it a while ago when asking a simple question when I upgraded to v5.

dlh716

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 08:25:10 pm »
Hi,
How come a new version of GSX for MSFS messes up P3D's GSX so badly?
When releasing new software, are you guys not testing it, because surely the problems would have been spotted straight away? Everybody now has a broken version of GSX for P3D.
Are you in such a rush to release a broken product to make money at the detriment of quality and customer satisfaction? This is extremely poor practice!
When I update a piece of software I expect it to work, I am not supposed to be a beta tester or spend my life on this forum to find out it actually is broken.
I know P3D is not your priority anymore but as your customer I expect the product I purchased from you to be working.
I don't appreciate you always put the blame on users for getting things wrong, not knowing what to do, etc...In this particular case YOU are the ones who got it awfully wrong....What a disaster!

So... please fix this ASAP and in a way that it is easy to update/correct via the Live Updater for example (not by having to follow 50 dodgy DIY steps requiring a computing technology degree).
Thank you.

Hello,
I fully agree with this message.
I myself had many problems with GSX during my transition from Prepar3D v4 to v5. As a customer, I expected understanding, help and above all respect. I got yelled at as if I was responsible.
When I asked a question about missing features on P3D v5, I was told that P3D was not their priority anymore.
Today, like many people, I find myself handicapped on P3D without this add-on which is (we're not going to hide it) essential. The dozens of open topics, all less clear than the other, do not allow the slightest understanding of a possible resolution to this problem.
GSX was released for MSFS, that's good, but it's even more problematic for P3D. So please have the decency to quickly fix the problem for P3D and don't just excuse that the problem doesn't exist because P3D is no longer current enough in your opinion.
You are selling GSX for P3D v5 (at least that is what is stated on your website). So if you're charging that much for this add-on, please be kind to make it work.
Thanks in advance.

BU830

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 11:12:05 pm »
Lots of replies in the MSFS thread, nothing useful here.
At minimum a working rollback is actual needed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 11:16:56 pm »

Instructions how to download and install the latest full P3D installer have been already provided.

dlh716

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 11:22:06 pm »

Instructions how to download and install the latest full P3D installer have been already provided.

As I already told you (http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26761.msg175732.html#msg175732), I installed the download you provided. This does not solve my problem with P3D v5. Still waiting for a fix.

airbadger

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 11:22:54 pm »

It does not work. Here's an entire thread with people replying that following your instructions does not fix the issue: http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26834.0.html

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 11:37:44 pm »
It does not work. Here's an entire thread with people replying that following your instructions does not fix the issue

There isn't an "entire thread", after my last post with more clear and revised instructions, only two replied, one that didn't want to remove the Addon Manager, another saying it doesn't work, without proving extra information.

Proving a log when something doesn't work, is always helpful.

imranrshdkhan

« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2022, 06:23:01 am »
It does not work. Here's an entire thread with people replying that following your instructions does not fix the issue

There isn't an "entire thread", after my last post with more clear and revised instructions, only two replied, one that didn't want to remove the Addon Manager, another saying it doesn't work, without proving extra information.

Proving a log when something doesn't work, is always helpful.

Solve this ----> see attachment

FOD

« Reply #11 on: August 24, 2022, 09:41:08 am »
Tried the new installer twice yesterday - both times with problems including the “coatl not started” error which I had not seen before.  Does seem that the current install is not compatible with P3D.

flaviossa

« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2022, 02:02:25 pm »
Tried the new installer twice yesterday - both times with problems including the “coatl not started” error which I had not seen before.  Does seem that the current install is not compatible with P3D.

The process coatl.exe opens ok here (i can see the icon in systray), BUT as soon as i click in "OK" to fly, the process crashes. And there is a crash error message in windows events monitor saying that coatl.exe process crashed but it not says why (at least in my low TI knowledge)

After that, there is no GSX option in "Addons menu", only the "Addon Manager" saying that all my FSDT products are in TRIAL mode (Even if they all were activated ok before this gsx issue)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2022, 02:18:25 pm »
Assuming you installed the offline installer and nothing else, a crash like that seems to be caused by the antivirus, be sure it's configured to have the whole Addon Manager folder in the Exclusions, then run the offline installer again.

flaviossa

« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2022, 04:31:41 pm »
Thanks Umberto, but my antivirus (Kaspersky) is the same as allways as before. I didnt change anything and it was working perfetly before.

Anyway, i did another try just now to verify and this time i created a exclusion in kaspersky antivirus:

When P3D is opened it appears to be working ok:

As soon as i click in "fly" the coatl.exe process closes:

No GSX options in addon menu, just "addon manager":

The error message in windows event viewer:

This is the file i ran before start the simulator (Ran just this one):

If i run coatl.exe by hand, it shows all my addon in TRIAL mode. If i try to register my products again, this happens:

This situation happened just AFTER the fatidic update. Before, it was working perfeclty (even with antivirus on, etc)

As said before, im not complaining, just trying to add more information. The log is attached below. (I waited in the sim for the time to recreat a new DB as instructions, wich is fast here in my end) But if there is no coatl.exe process running i doubt it was creating anything.

I think ill stop trying correct this for now and wait for a final correction. It´s better.
Thanks and good luck.
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 05:01:47 pm by flaviossa »