Author Topic: Duplicated stands numbers in world map after GSX installation  (Read 1597 times)

Nimic

Duplicated stands numbers in world map after GSX installation
« on: August 22, 2022, 08:07:50 pm »
Hello Umberto,

I noticed, after installing GSX Pro, that I have duplicated stands numbers in the world map, displaying both default and add-on numbers. This happens for exemple in RDPreset Naples, Jetstream Design Orly and Linate. I purchased them all on simmarket. It's like MSFS is now reading both AFCAD at the same time. Why this happens?

Adnanso

Re: Duplicated stands numbers in world map after GSX installation
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 09:07:09 pm »
I think you need to exclude third party jetway configuration  *.bgl files using FSDT installer -> GSX Pro -> Config

Nimic

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 09:33:56 am »
I already excluded third party jetways

It's clear that GSX is reading the default AFCAD, instead of the third-part one

Does it means that GSX can't see my Community folder?  ???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 10:50:49 am »
Does it means that GSX can't see my Community folder?  ???

It's likely because you were affected by one of the problems listed here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

Which the offline installer should fix.

Nimic

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 01:29:18 pm »
Negative, I still have this problem.

Offline installer didn't help. I even removed the airport cache folder from %PROGRAMDATA%\Virtuali and used the new version of the Couatl engine from http://update.virtualisoftware.com/couatl64_MSFS.exe

Then I placed the new .EXE in the \Addon Manager\Couatl64 folder, and started it from its desktop icon, in order to regenerate the cache.

The strange thing is that some airports are read from the Community folder (so the path points to the add-on airport), others from the official folder, with the default airport. Last but not least, some airports have double stands (both default and third parts add-on) and others not.

Is there a way to MANUALLY force GSX to read a specific AFCAD? Maybe this may help with those airports where the default AFCAD is still detected....
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:31:18 pm by Nimic »

Nimic

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 01:58:33 pm »
Edit:

I sorted out how to remove double stands in world map for a specific airport: you need to use the FSDT Installer > GSX > Config > search the ICAO code of the airport with double stands > cmove it in the disabled list > click APPLY

I used this method for RD Preset LIRN, who had double stands. Nevertheless, when I open the airport config, it still points to the defualt airport in the "Official" folder  :-\

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 02:10:13 pm »
I used this method from RDPreset LIRN, who had double stands. Nevertheless, when I open the airport config, it still points to the defualt airport in the "Official" folder  :-\

These are two entirely different issues that don't have anything to do with each other.

If you disable the airport replacement in GSX config, you will NOT have double stands, that's for sure. Fact you see the default airport in the GSX editor doesn't have anything to do with which sceneries (or jetways) are displayed in the sim, only which data GSX will use for its services. It's a separate problem that is supposed to be fixed by the offline installer, at least the most common issues discussed there. If that doesn't fix it, please open a new thread with a specific title, because it's not related to this one, which is the "duplicate stands" issue caused by not having excluded an airport from jetway replacement in the Config panel.

Jetways are not created by GSX in any case, they are created by the simulator itself, depending which scenery packages are active and which ones adds jetways and parking stands, nothing in the GSX program itself can affect this, the .BGL it's either active in the sim or its not.

The only thing the Config utility does, is to move back and forth the relevant .BGL for a specific airport from its main "Enabled" folder here:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways

To the "Disabled" folder here:

Addon Manager\MSFS\fsdreamteam-gsx-world-of-jetways_BACKUP\scenery\FSDT_WorldOfJetways

- If a jetway replacement for an airport is in the "Enabled" folder, it WILL be seen by the sim and, if you have a 3rd party add-on for that airport, it's very likely you'll have double stands, that's why you are supposed to disable it.

- If a jetway replacement for an airport is in the "Disabled" folder, it WILL NOT be seen by the sim, no question about it.

You could even do it yourself if you want, the only extra value of the "Exclude 3rd party" button is that will automatically search your installed files for airports that might need to be Disabled but, other than that, it doesn't do anything special other than moving .BGLs from the Disabled to the Enabled folder and vice-versa.

It should go without saying, since any changes to the active scenery library requires an MSFS restart, any changes you do to these folder requires restarting the sim, nothing will change visually until the next restart.