Author Topic: Restore previous GSX version?  (Read 7329 times)

AGuyNamedSheev

Restore previous GSX version?
« on: August 23, 2022, 07:58:16 am »
Hey,
can you guys at least give us a patch file or something to restore the previous version of addon manager/gsx so we can enjoy P3D again?
I've only updated because of the window which kept popping up at start, saying there is a new version, but now I wish I didn't...

imranrshdkhan

Re: Restore previous GSX version?
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 08:29:35 am »
Hey,
can you guys at least give us a patch file or something to restore the previous version of addon manager/gsx so we can enjoy P3D again?
I've only updated because of the window which kept popping up at start, saying there is a new version, but now I wish I didn't...

This is what me and other users are hoping for. at least!!!

gregoryv

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 09:32:55 am »
Hey,

+1

gilbert

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 09:54:56 am »
Hey,

+1
+1

benbo

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 10:35:29 am »
Hey,

+1 Please can we have the last working GSX prior to update so we can use the addon again.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 11:26:41 am »
This can be done, the full installer hasn't been updated yet, because I need to know what's really going on with you, since another user here posted he has MSFS and P3D working fine together:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175594.html#msg175594

If that doesn't work for you, you can keep the previous version, because the full installer which is still online now, is the latest P3D version, and I think it's better NOT to update it until I fully understand how it's possible that I have GSX working normally in both MSFS and P3D, and so many of you are reporting errors, like SODE disconnect, etc.

You can start with a clean install this way:

- Uninstall GSX for P3D and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". After uninstall is complete, REMOVE the Addon Manager folder.

- Install the Full GSX installer with the network disconnected

- This should give you a full GSX version for P3D from February. Check it works correctly, before doing anything else.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2022, 11:53:30 am »
So ive tried this roll-back method until i tried reinstalling GSX see attachment (started the installer from the website and .. well self explanatory i think :(

Sorry, I should have been more precise:

- Let the small installer download all large files first, and THEN disconnect the network after it starts the 2nd step.

Also, if you previously installed the full installer, you might still have a copy of it in the Documents\GSX_Installer folder IF you chose the option to keep it. If you have it, you can start the installer from there ( assuming it IS the last version from February ) with the network disconnected, saving the initial download part.

Lisler

« Reply #7 on: August 23, 2022, 11:54:31 am »
sorry ive just thought of that aswell let it download and before it installs disconnect

AGuyNamedSheev

« Reply #8 on: August 23, 2022, 12:08:24 pm »
This can be done, the full installer hasn't been updated yet, because I need to know what's really going on with you, since another user here posted he has MSFS and P3D working fine together:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175594.html#msg175594

If that doesn't work for you, you can keep the previous version, because the full installer which is still online now, is the latest P3D version, and I think it's better NOT to update it until I fully understand how it's possible that I have GSX working normally in both MSFS and P3D, and so many of you are reporting errors, like SODE disconnect, etc.

You can start with a clean install this way:

- Uninstall GSX for P3D and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". After uninstall is complete, REMOVE the Addon Manager folder.

- Install the Full GSX installer with the network disconnected

- This should give you a full GSX version for P3D from February. Check it works correctly, before doing anything else.

Ok, so ive found my old gsx full installer (version 2.9.3) and did as you told me. Problem was: GSX and GSX Level 2 were in trial mode and I had no success in activating it via serial key. It gave me the "Couatl Engine failed to start" error message.
Then I tried the full installer from your website (version 2.9.5) and it gave me an error message one time right on P3D start up "Couatl Engine failed to start" and one time when I've tried to activate the license.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:11:10 pm by AGuyNamedSheev »

Lisler

« Reply #9 on: August 23, 2022, 12:09:33 pm »
So ive followed the instructions .. Couatl/GSX is not in the Add-ons list in apps and feutures it says gsx only has a size of 806kb (avast was fully disabled (previously remove mcafee thinking it was the major issue)) disconnected my lan cable before starting the second step it gave me a message asking me to use the live-updater when done due to the lack of internet connection.. so i dont know what went wrong here but either this offline setup doesnt work or something has failed dramatically with the installer.   

Lisler

« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2022, 12:30:58 pm »
yes... and GSX and Couatl arent in the sim when i try to register its says well screenshot says it...  and yes avast is still disabled

AGuyNamedSheev

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 12:47:41 pm »
Ok so quick update:
You can install previous versions but the addon will straight up not work (error message, products not activated).
You can install the most up to date version and the addon is going to work but with disappearing SODE jetways. (Yes, also with reinstalled SODE)

Both problems with Windows Defender disabled/Exclusions set (I don't use any other anti-virus software).
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 01:13:31 pm by AGuyNamedSheev »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2022, 01:13:03 pm »
You must have skipped something in my instructions, I'll copy them again, with the aforementioned correction. I also add that, you don't have to find out older versions, as I've said, the latest full installer for GSX IS still available on our site, and it's 2.9.5, a version from February.

- Uninstall GSX for P3D and reply YES to the question "Do you want to remove the Addon Manager ?". THIS IS IMPORTANT

- After uninstall is complete, REMOVE the Addon Manager folder.

- Download and install the full GSX installer from our site. It's only a small file which just download the rest of the installer, you should not disconnect the network yet.

- After the small installer has completed, it will start the "real" installation of the downloaded files. NOW it's time to disconnect the network.

- Continue the installation and don't run the updater, and see if it works.

Lisler

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2022, 01:19:43 pm »
thats what i did the first time i tried it... both ways had the same result

srcooke

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2022, 01:22:48 pm »
Remove the Addon Manager folder is not really an option with multiple scenery installed, are there specific files in this root folder to remove ?
Regards
Stephen Cooke