Author Topic: GSX with Flightbeam KSFO no longer works  (Read 5113 times)

DannyS

Re: GSX with Flightbeam KSFO no longer works
« Reply #15 on: August 25, 2022, 11:16:01 pm »
+1

I can confirm this method worked out great for me as well! Thank you :)

imranrshdkhan

« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2022, 05:28:35 am »
Yes this method is working, all gates are back. BUT, i cant request any services by GSX. its like freezing again. the enable/disable in the dropdown from addon menu works but still i cant request any services. nothing happen! Refer the attachment
« Last Edit: August 26, 2022, 05:35:33 am by imranrshdkhan »

dawgfan58

« Reply #17 on: August 29, 2022, 01:12:12 am »
What is the format you guys are using? I think mine is

A:\P3D\Flightbeam\Flightbeam - KSFOHD\scenery\KSFOHD.bgl

but I restart and rebuild the couatl cache and still no options for gates at KSFO, KDEN, or KIAD. prior to this I did delete the .ini files in the flightbeam folders, which did not work.

P3D 5.3 latest hotfix.

vacotton

« Reply #18 on: August 30, 2022, 12:58:44 am »
Thanks Papacoach, I simply rem'd out that line in the config and away I went.   You da man
Regards, Verne

Carbonbell

« Reply #19 on: August 30, 2022, 02:53:57 pm »
Damned if I do, damned if I don't. You want "fixes quickly" but at the same time you want to be constantly assured fixes are coming.
The reason being Umberto is because YOU have not taken any responsibility whatsoever for this disastrous 'Update".  As you typically do, you deflect and blame us as users or, some third party for this cockup... Honest communication is a key in any successful business.

MichelD

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2022, 04:04:57 pm »
GSX is massively bust right now and I think it’s going to be a while before it returns to pre Thursdays destruction.

You are assuming too many things, the only thing we need to fix things quickly, is for the traffic on the forum to go down.

On the positive way, do you have an ETA on the problem fix, please?

vacotton

« Reply #21 on: August 31, 2022, 06:32:22 am »
Well guys, I got Flightbeam KSFO to work but not so fortunate with Flightbeam KDEN.  Any ideas?
Cheers,
Verne Cotton

Alphatango2

« Reply #22 on: August 31, 2022, 05:34:40 pm »
Can you share what you did to get it working? I did the same but my Ctrl+Shift+F12 and Addon Menu options aren't even working. I can't get anything to work.

MD-82

« Reply #23 on: August 31, 2022, 05:41:43 pm »
For me, the only way to get it to work is to let GSX use its internal database. And start a new edit if you want. The pre update ini file is useless with or without the correct path. So;

- Rename to .off the FlightBeam config file.
- Rename to .off any pre-update ini file you may have had in the past.
- Restart GSX with a rebuild

You get only the internal database. Any edits or custom pushbacks you may have had before are lost for the moment. I have not tried text editing the information back in but kept it like this for now.

Also, please let's refrain from arrogance and demands :-( It is not easy to get something so complex going in MSFS and please everyone. So take a step back and look at ourselves. It's not the end of the world ...

vacotton

« Reply #24 on: August 31, 2022, 06:24:37 pm »
Well I don't know why it worked but I just deleted the ini file in the Flightbeam KDEN and all is okay.  As for the Flightbeam KSFO, I just remmed out the afcad path in the ini file and cured KSFO.  Now if I could only fix the FSDT KMEM that I just bought the day before this mess, I would be in happy land.  Right now all the KMEM gates throw an "Isolated parking" error. 
Cheers,
Verne Cotton

Alphatango2

« Reply #25 on: August 31, 2022, 07:58:47 pm »
Well, I don't know what happened but I checked my scenery library and all my FSDT were not installed. (Area in the p3d scenery library) All were active but not installed. Manually reinstalled the area into the p3d scenery library and now everything works as it should including all the gates everywhere.... 
« Last Edit: August 31, 2022, 08:43:05 pm by Alphatango2 »

kmanning

« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2022, 06:10:03 am »
I opened the ini file in the user/appdata/roaming location and noticed that the afcad location listing was not correct.

Can you elaborate more? You're not providing enough details about where the .ini file is. There is no .ini file in the Roman folder. Will you provide each and every folder that takes us to the exact folder that the .ini file is in, and provide the exact file name.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 06:17:28 am by kmanning »

kmanning

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2022, 10:55:06 am »

What do you mean by "Rename to .off?" I don't understand what you mean by the term "off" and why it has to be renamed.

It is not easy to get something so complex going in MSFS

By the way, all of the issues discussed in these posts are support for the FSX and P3D, not MSFS 2020.

Ken.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2022, 10:57:36 am by kmanning »

MD-82

« Reply #28 on: September 02, 2022, 10:26:31 am »

By the way, all of the issues discussed in these posts are support for the FSX and P3D, not MSFS 2020.

Ken.

Hey Ken,

it means that all GSX config files have an extension "airport icao code-random numbers and letters.ini". To make GSX not see the airport you either have to change the airport name or change the extension so it is not an *.ini file. In flight simming the general procedure is to rename the extension to *.off.

For example:

"ksfo-sigju.ini" becomes "ksfo-sigju.off". This way you still have your original file for when this issue is fixed, but GSX no longer knows what the file is.

Other ways of achieving the same result:

- Rename the airport part, e.g. "k_fo-sigju.ini". however I don't like it because GSX will still see the file and might wonder what airport "k_fo" is.
- Keep the file name as it is, but remove it from the folder. However now you have files laying elsewhere that in the future you have no idea what they are or where you have placed them.

kmanning

« Reply #29 on: September 02, 2022, 10:37:03 am »

Ken.

Hey Ken,

it means that all GSX config files have an extension "airport icao code-random numbers and letters.ini". To make GSX not see the airport you either have to change the airport name or change the extension so it is not an *.ini file. In flight simming the general procedure is to rename the extension to *.off.

For example:

"ksfo-sigju.ini" becomes "ksfo-sigju.off". This way you still have your original file for when this issue is fixed, but GSX no longer knows what the file is.

Other ways of achieving the same result:

- Rename the airport part, e.g. "k_fo-sigju.ini". however I don't like it because GSX will still see the file and might wonder what airport "k_fo" is.
- Keep the file name as it is, but remove it from the folder. However now you have files laying elsewhere that in the future you have no idea what they are or where you have placed them.

Okay, I see what you mean now. I would be like renaming it to .bak, or something like that. I just never heard of .off being used as an extension.

Ken.

« Last Edit: September 02, 2022, 10:39:03 am by kmanning »