Author Topic: Quick edit pushback is so stupid/outdated  (Read 4369 times)

Aviator74

Quick edit pushback is so stupid/outdated
« on: August 23, 2022, 06:29:04 am »
Seriously this is just annoying.. First of all I cannot get the aircraft to rotate either by using F7/8 keys or number pad 1-3..

DarrianCZE

Re: Quick edit pushback is so stupid/outdated
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2022, 09:31:23 am »
Definitely agree. I am looking with a serious saddness to our colleagues at X-Plane with their Better Pushback, which is the best Pushback system I have ever seen.

We have Toolbar Pushback, yes, but there are issues, and pre-plan pushback is only capable of pushing the plane backwards, and not also towing forward.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2022, 10:52:37 am »
Seriously this is just annoying.. First of all I cannot get the aircraft to rotate either by using F7/8 keys or number pad 1-3..

The keys are surely both working. Are you sure the airplane marking is selected ? Also, it might be possible another add-on is using those keys.

About the supposedly "better" pushback for X-plane, something like that is not possible in MSFS, because we don't have access to mouse clicks like we DO in P3D, where you could place the pushback point with the mouse, and rotate them with the wheel.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 10:54:21 am by virtuali »

Nimic

« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2022, 09:04:08 pm »

The keys are surely both working. Are you sure the airplane marking is selected ? Also, it might be possible another add-on is using those keys.

About the supposedly "better" pushback for X-plane, something like that is not possible in MSFS, because we don't have access to mouse clicks like we DO in P3D, where you could place the pushback point with the mouse, and rotate them with the wheel.

Are you sure? You might want have a look at this FREEWARE add-on for MSFS. Why GSX can'y work in that way?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GHEVN8VWt0c&ab_channel=Danysen85SimPilot%26more
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:17:32 pm by virtuali »

Fiorentoni

« Reply #4 on: August 28, 2022, 09:47:06 pm »
To be fair Toolbar pushback creates serious memory leak issues exactly for this mouse-controlled map it uses. Since there has been no update for months that fixes it, I guess it's for a good reason that GSX did not do it. But Umberto might be able to say more about that.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:17:46 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 28, 2022, 10:21:24 pm »
Are you sure? You might want have a look at this FREEWARE add-on for MSFS. Why GSX can'y work in that way?

Because it's NOT working on the actual 3D scenery! It's using a separate 2D map view, and there it is possible to use the mouse. On the 3D actual scenery, mouse support like we have in P3D is not possible.

I guess it's for a good reason that GSX did not do it. But Umberto might be able to say more about that.

Not really, it's more because I think planning the pushback on the real scenery instead of a map, is far more precise and useful, because you can see the point from many angles, and you can see all objects and obstacles you might run into.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2022, 10:23:23 pm by virtuali »

Darewell

« Reply #6 on: August 28, 2022, 11:39:13 pm »
Honestly, you quickly get used to it after a couple time.

You can ever make presets for a specific gate.

Phil7789

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 02:33:45 am »
I too have to disagree here, the buttons are working splendid. At least numpad 1 / 3. Just this evening I received a conditional pushback I had to quick edit and was done in ~ 15 seconds, although I had to move the "plan" plane quite a bit.

Even with the MSFS limitation that you cannot hold down a key you can be relatively fast when you're used to it.

Turok144

« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 03:01:30 am »
Reading this thread, I'm a little confused.  Is this something that is happening within the editor?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 10:49:17 am »
Reading this thread, I'm a little confused.  Is this something that is happening within the editor?

When you call for Quick Edit pushback, the pushback editor will start, you'll be in Drone camera and you will use the keys explained in the manual to move the airplane and/or add/remove control points.

TENPATROL

« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2022, 02:19:25 pm »
(...) I think planning the pushback on the real scenery instead of a map, is far more precise and useful, because you can see the point from many angles, and you can see all objects and obstacles you might run into.
For us a 2D map (toolbar pushback) is better, faster, easier and we love it - trust me ;)

btw. how to merge accounts? level2 with gsx pro.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2022, 02:51:12 pm »
For us a 2D map (toolbar pushback) is better, faster, easier and we love it - trust me

"For a 2D map", that's the key. Can you use that in 3D ? Can you spot obstacles in the scenery ? You can't do that with a 2D map, of course. Do you really think if we could use the mouse in the 3D scenery, we won't, considering we have it in P3D ?

btw. how to merge accounts? level2 with gsx pro.

What do you mean with "accounts" ? If you mean license, they are separate.

NGLH

« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2022, 03:24:53 pm »
I would also rather prefer a better solution than the keyboard options this is really a pain and not intuitive at all a 2D map would be a beginning in the right direction. “QUICK” editing mode is really something else….

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #13 on: August 29, 2022, 03:53:43 pm »
I just made my 1st custom push back a couple of days ago, and it worked great. Took me less than a minute to create one with 3 waypoints. On my next flight, it was available in the list. You only need to do this once for each custom push, and GSX will remember it forever.

I've had 20 or so flights with GSX and only 1 needed a custom push. The default choices worked great for the remainder. 
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

smoothchat

« Reply #14 on: August 30, 2022, 10:38:06 am »
I have to agree with the OP.

The freeware pushback planners are much easier to use and I was surprised to see how dated GSX is in that regard. 

Pinpoint cm2 accuracy is not my priority.  Ease of use is.  Sorry, it's just my humble opinion.