Author Topic: Pushback tug options  (Read 1356 times)

cpalmer41

Pushback tug options
« on: August 22, 2022, 10:59:09 pm »
Is there a way to change what pushback tug works with an aircraft? Most ground equipment ive tried come with the bigger tug and it doesnt look right with half of the tug sticking into the plane. Itd be nice to customize this based on the aircraft. Aka smaller plane smaller tug.

SgtMav316

Re: Pushback tug options
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 11:51:22 pm »
Is there a way to change what pushback tug works with an aircraft? Most ground equipment ive tried come with the bigger tug and it doesnt look right with half of the tug sticking into the plane. Itd be nice to customize this based on the aircraft. Aka smaller plane smaller tug.

I thought we had the ability to customize which pushback actually gets used when you are using a heavy or light aircraft. I thought the older versions of GSX had this option, because I used to like to exclude the green and yellow buses and use the one that normally deploys from Frankfurt which looks normal.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 11:54:55 pm »
I thought the older versions of GSX had this option, because I used to like to exclude the green and yellow buses and use the one that normally deploys from Frankfurt which looks normal.

No, GSX never had that. It selected the pushback truck based on the airplane weight and, in this version, depending on the main door height (so you'll never get the larger one with a 737, because it would crash in the plane nose ), and the passenger bus was selected only by the number of passengers.

cpalmer41

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2022, 12:01:25 am »
Why not make it where we can pick the tug we want to use? You can pick which catering crew, which ground loading crew, if it uses a conveyor or not. Customize where everyones parked but cant pick which tug???

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2022, 12:06:22 am »
Why not make it where we can pick the tug we want to use? You can pick which catering crew, which ground loading crew, if it uses a conveyor or not. Customize where everyones parked but cant pick which tug???

Everything can be done, with time and a bit of programming. The challenge is deciding what to focus first. I'd say bugfix first, and then new features.

cpalmer41

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2022, 12:11:48 am »
No worries! I appreciate it.