Author Topic: Aircraft jumping after initiating push  (Read 3578 times)

thebig_leo

Aircraft jumping after initiating push
« on: August 22, 2022, 08:44:00 pm »
I have a big problem in the Citation Longitude pushback, after starting it disappears and the plane jumps. Follow the video, I already unchecked the option to lift the aircraft.

https://youtu.be/8FVktovQI00
« Last Edit: September 05, 2022, 05:20:57 pm by virtuali »

akaa

Re: Aircraft jumping after initiating push
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 04:46:46 pm »
Hello Leo,

Did you solve the problem in the mean time?

I had the similar issue, initiated a post.......but no reply :'(

Andre

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2022, 05:22:21 pm »
You can TRY to add this line in the Couatladdons.ini file:

https://www.fsdreamteam.com/couatl_liveupdate_notes.html

It can be Enabled by adding the line pushback_freeze = 0 in the [GSX] Section of the Couatladdons.INI file in %APPDATA%\Virtuali 

akaa

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2022, 09:46:00 am »
Tnx.
I tried your solution.
The plane does have the " big Jump" at the start of the push back anymore and the push back-procedure is not aborted anymore.

But now the plane is very heavily shaking (but less as the earlier " big jump" during push back but still very unrealistic)

Tried "raise option" disabled and enabled but no difference.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2022, 09:51:21 am »
But now the plane is very heavily shaking (but less as the earlier " big jump" during push back but still very unrealistic)

That's why the option is not enabled by default.

akaa

« Reply #5 on: September 06, 2022, 07:11:55 pm »
Did you mean the " raise"  option?
I tried push backs both ways: enabled and disabled: both with the same " heavely shaking"  result.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2022, 12:42:06 pm »
Did you mean the " raise"  option?.

No, the  pushback_freeze = 0, since I was replying to your "I tried your solution" post.

Either you have a bump at the end, or you have a shaky pushback and, since a shaky pushback is surely worse than a bump at the end, the option is not default but you never know, some users might prefer a shaky pushback with no bump at the end.

This is completely unrelated to the pushback raise, which is used only with the towbarless vehicle in larger planes

akaa

« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2022, 03:15:04 pm »
So, I understand correct that there is either a big jump at the end or the push back or a (heavy) shaky push back?
Thats should be really disappointing....

In my situation the one with the big jump (at the start, not at the end) does not finish the procedure at all: GSX crashes
The one with the  the shake push back (the "freeze 1-option" ) did "work" until recently.

Now, may be related to the latest msfs update or the new GSX version, both ways (with and without the " freeze-0" option doesn't work anymore.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2022, 06:07:20 pm »
does not finish the procedure at all: GSX crashes

Please clarify what do you mean with "GSX crashes". An error message, which one ?

The one with the  the shake push back (the "freeze 1-option" ) did "work" until recently.

The one with the shake is pushback_freeze = 0, which is not default.

Now, may be related to the latest msfs update or the new GSX version, both ways (with and without the " freeze-0" option doesn't work anymore.

Maybe that's because it's called pushback_freeze = 0, and it's not default, it was an experiment, and it's best not using it anyway.

akaa

« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2022, 07:37:14 pm »
1) Imade an mp4, but I am not allowed to share it because its size.
2)   But it’s quite easy to explain: I can initiate the pushback procedure for the Cessna longitude but after releasing the parking brake (when asked) all the GSX vehicles, push back tug and the wingman are gone and the plane makes a big jump
3)   add-on airport or standard
a.   No error message
b.   Reactivating pushback: same issue
4)   I haven’t ONE single normal pushback procedure since a bought GSX PRO
5)   the “pushback_freeze = 0” isn’t an option (anymore): it is not default and it doesn’t work (in my case)
6)   my ini file is also attached
So, what am I doing wrong, are wat is wrong?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2022, 07:54:46 pm »
Maybe I wasn't clear enough:

the pushback_freeze = 0 is not default, as I've said, and it does work, but it's not as if it would remove the jump on ANY airplane. It worked somehow with the default A320, but it caused a very wobbling pushback, it's still there in case someone would prefer that to the pushback jump but, in general, it shouldn't be used.

There's no way to remove the pusback jump entirely, the jump might be small or big, depending on the airplane and the airport, because it's a result of altitude difference around the apron so, even on a single airport, is not even the same depending on the location.

As discussed in other threads, a possible way to "fix" this, would be using the default pushback method, which would likely make the pushback less accurate, and it's not a quick fix.

Barnes

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2022, 04:05:40 am »

As discussed in other threads, a possible way to "fix" this, would be using the default pushback method, which would likely make the pushback less accurate, and it's not a quick fix.

Hi Umberto - Are you still planning to implement this? Personally, I would rather have a little less accuracy than the plane bouncing at the beginning and end of pushback.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2022, 05:38:17 pm »
Hi Umberto - Are you still planning to implement this? Personally, I would rather have a little less accuracy than the plane bouncing at the beginning and end of pushback.

Yes, but we don't have any timeline for it. The next updates will cover what has been indicated in the Sticky thread about the short-term Roadmap.

Barnes

« Reply #13 on: September 29, 2022, 03:47:01 pm »

Yes, but we don't have any timeline for it. The next updates will cover what has been indicated in the Sticky thread about the short-term Roadmap.

Okay thanks. Looking forward to it.

tlittle

« Reply #14 on: December 08, 2022, 02:43:52 am »
NOTE: This is when using Longitude aircraft:

ok so at least for what I am experiencing, the pushback feature does not work at all. Getting the disappearing equipment, then a huge "bump" at start, whether I keep crash realism on or not still does not work. If crash realism is on, plane "jumps" and then the game ends saying I crashed. Turning crash detection off just sees the GSX equipment disappear and then the plane jumps into the air and falls back down. Then.. nothing. Have to set parking brake back on an restart GSX, which just creates a loop of this same process.

Shouldn't this option be removed or grayed out in the menu and not advertised as a "feature"?
Very disappointed, the first thing I try in this and doesn't even work.

Tried a couple of other aircraft and seems to be working.. is this unique to Longitude jet?
« Last Edit: December 08, 2022, 03:05:21 am by tlittle »