Author Topic: Cannot confirm good Engine Start after Pushback  (Read 1472 times)

kidoken0204

Cannot confirm good Engine Start after Pushback
« on: October 15, 2022, 09:57:27 am »
Instead of the menu, with the option to report a good engine start, I get the Gate selection menu as if I were taxiing. I'm getting this only sometimes. I cannot do anything, as I cannot abort the Pushback either.

WernerAir

Re: Cannot confirm good Engine Start after Pushback
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2022, 01:00:26 pm »
I have this too - every time I land somewhere and do a complete turnaround (depoarding, catering, refuelling, boarding, pushback). It never happens on the first take-off of the day, but always on the second. Only way to get out of it is to restart Couatl.

ironlemon

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2022, 10:25:48 pm »
I have the same problem with A32NX (development version), I tried testing it at 2 different airports (both default, non-handcrafted). After the pushback completion, the only menu I get is the one to select new destination (runway/gates). The only way to get rid of the tug is to restart the couatl.

Weirdly enough, while standing stuck at the end of pushback, I took a look at the A32NX EFB Performance calculator. It has a window fetching the current aircraft speed from the simulator and to my surprise it was showing around 30-33 kts (!) even though the plane was standing still with engines idle (N1 ~20%) and parking brake set. Once I restarted couatl to make the tug disappear and disengaged the parking brake, the aircraft shot forward like crazy (like it was really trying to get to those 30 kts fast) and I had to brake hard to bring it to a halt. Once I made it stop, everything was working normally again.

This makes me think, maybe the issue with GSX not recognizing the end of pushback is somehow related to the sim feeding the info that the aircraft is still moving at above (or in my case - way above) 0 kts? If so, what could be causing it? I don't have any problem with A32NX using any other pushback.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2022, 10:28:23 pm by ironlemon »

Tobus

« Reply #3 on: March 06, 2023, 02:27:50 pm »
same issue as the original poster in the JF Bae146. I've turned off the engine confirmation thing in gsx settings for now, but would of course like to see it fixed.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2023, 05:57:03 pm »
If the airplane for any reason ( scenery, ground, collision with ground, collision with objects, etc. ) has a sudden movement during pushback, GSX will automatically abort the pushback, as an obvious safety measure in case something goes wrong, you retake control of the airplane and want to just continue taxiing and take off, so we cancel every service and every GSX vehicle, so you won't be taxiing with a tug attached and possibly other GSX objects in the way.

If this happens, you'll see the regular parking selection menu, as if you just restarted.