Author Topic: Passagenr count way off and impossible to know if GSX is correctly updapted  (Read 3535 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
This implies that because of added Simbrief integration, "Estimate Passenger Number" is set to ON by default as with this option ON, GSX will read the Simbrief passenger number - unlike in P3D where it was roughly estimated based on payload weight.

That's not what it means. We don't consider SimBrief to be an estimate, it's like when the airplane sets the passenger number: the "Estimate Passenger Number" is completely ignored, the airplane (or SimBrief) will always take precedence.

The unclear bit is what GSX would do if I manually set it to OFF.

The "This option is only relevant on FSX/P3D" means the setting is not relevant, because OFF would have asked the user for the passenger number, and ON would estimate without asking. The "In MSFS, the default is to always Estimate the passengers number", means it will never ask, so the default is always to Estimate. The On/Off choice here was between the two GSX-made choices (ask, or estimate), not between GSX and something else ( Airplane or Simbrief ). When you have a better source, that will always get the precedence.

Is there any user confirmation prompt about the number of passengers onboard when "Estimate Passenger Number" is set to OFF? Unlike in P3D when you can manually enter passenger numbers, I certainly don't see it in MSFS.

That's precisely what the "In MSFS, the default is to always Estimate the passengers number" means. It will never ask. The "because of added Simbrief integration" means "yes, you lost the GSX asking you the number, but we gave you something better"

Or alternatively the "Estimate Passenger Number" option does nothing in GSX for MSFS, and that GSX will always read Simbrief data first, if unavailable then it estimates passenger numbers based on payload weight, with no possibility of manual entry. This happens whether the option is ON or OFF.

Exactly.

avantime

Or alternatively the "Estimate Passenger Number" option does nothing in GSX for MSFS, and that GSX will always read Simbrief data first, if unavailable then it estimates passenger numbers based on payload weight, with no possibility of manual entry. This happens whether the option is ON or OFF.

Exactly.

OK understood, thanks.

I'm a bit old fashioned as I still prefer PFPX over Simbrief, I guess I'll have to switch over now.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 11:17:42 pm by avantime »