Author Topic: Complicated arrivals (jetway, stands, etc.)  (Read 1222 times)

Frap99

Complicated arrivals (jetway, stands, etc.)
« on: October 20, 2022, 07:59:32 pm »
I use the default atc built in msfs. I feel like this addon isnt really optimized for that. So the issues regarding departure were in hundred but i was able to find some workarounds. Now the complicated part is the arrival. So look il explain you syep by step what i do so you can reproduce if you want. So like i said i use default msfs atc so when i arrive and ask for gate parking it prepares the gate for me with default ground service (regular pushback, one conveyor belt, a marshaller and a gatering behind) so now i realize i have to make gsx prepare my parking spot which was all on me but still gsx just spawns more ground service on top of the already there ground service. So still i managed to find a workaround. A kind uncomfortable one but i found one at least. I just revoke the ground service and ask it back to the gate. Yesterday it did that well except for the gatering truck that didnt want to disappear. So yes i came in to the gate and everything was cool except for the gatering truck but still i just didnt mind it. One more thing. the aft stairs; I dont like aft stairs being there when i come to a gate. How can i remove it on arrival. This is another small question i have on the side but its not the main issue here. So ill proceed: so when i turn into the gate and follow the marshaller and i finally i come to a stop, this where my biggest issue is. The jetway always auto connect. Everytime it auto connects. No matter what plane no matter where or when. No matter why. When i come to a stop it auto connect. When in with the fenix the fenix has a bug that no matter what you have thre door will still open even if you remove the auto door handling. Its a fenix bug so nothing on you. But with pmdg at least the door stays closed but still its a issue because when i then ask for the deboarding the jetway toggle up and remove itself. Its so immersion breaking and its the only issues i have with gsx right now. I had some regarding fuel etc. But now im cool. Its only arrival. Keep in mind that i use default atc and most of us do. Vatsim is cool but i feel sometimes its empty while atc feels full no matter where you are. Yes its not complete but for a point a to b flight its cool. So can you help me plz. Thank you.

Johan217

Re: Complicated arrivals (jetway, stands, etc.)
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2022, 08:35:55 am »
but still gsx just spawns more ground service on top of the already there ground service
You can disable the MSFS services be editing the aircraft.cfg. Set them to 0 as below. This way you will only get the services you order through GSX.
Code: [Select]
[SERVICES]
FUELTRUCK = 0
BAGGAGE_LOADER = 0
CATERING_TRUCK = 0
BOARDING_RAMP = 0
GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 0
PUSHBACK = 0
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0
MARSHALLER = 0
JETWAY = 1

the aft stairs; I dont like aft stairs being there when i come to a gate.
Aft stairs can be disabled with the option "Disable staircases" in the airport editor. Alternatively, remove the aft exit in the aircraft editor.

The jetway always auto connect.
I am not seeing this, jetway only comes when I ask for it. Do you have "Assistance services Auto Mode" enabled in GSX settings? Try turning that off.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2022, 08:40:04 am by Johan217 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2022, 10:50:22 am »
You should really try to make some effort to be more precise in your reports because, things like " issues regarding departure were in hundred" doesn't mean much: how we are supposed to even KNOW what your problem is and, eventually, fix it, assuming is something that needs to be fixed to begin with ?

Most of the issues you reported seems to be caused by either GSX not detecting the jetways or GSX not loading the correct parking spots. This can happen for any of the following reasons:

- You are using a 3rd party airport but haven't disabled the GSX Jetway Replacement file. This will result in GSX not being able to detect the Jetways, meaning it can't detect if it's already Docked when Boarding.

- You are using a Marketplace airport or a default Premium Handcrafted airport, but you haven't enabled the use of the SU10 Navdata API, now available in the GSX Config panel.

If you are sure you did all of these, then please post precise reproduction steps, clearly indicating ALL the following:

- the scenery used

- if it's 3rd party or not and if it's bought on the Marketplace

- the gate used

- the airplane used

- the precise, exact, sequence of operations you did in GSX.

Frap99

« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2022, 02:01:21 am »
The reply above you was helpful. Ill explain it again for you. The problem is when i come to gate the jetway gets connected but upon experimenting its not gsx. Its only msfs that does it by itself when reaching the gate requested in atc. But now my issue is the aft stairs. Ik it can deactivated but couldnt there be an option where all jetways has no aft stairs by default and the opposite has to be done; asking for the stairs? And also i felt like i was clear. I explained you everything that happens. I know your tired of these "dumb" questions but i read forums so no need to re-explain the jetway limitation i get it. But yea so jetway is not gsx disregard it. But i realized you added few customization stuff. For example now you can choose to not deboard crew which is amazing. But can it also be when you board? For example you only board pilot then crew. Giving customization is better. Also something i think would be great is an option to remove the voice messages. I think textual messages are more than enough. And yea the stairs plz. Stairs in gate is quite a rare occurence so it should be the opposite; no stairs at gate unless you activate it. So it make for seemless arrivals without playing with the no stairs stuff. Thx👍

Frap99

« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2022, 02:21:15 am »
but still gsx just spawns more ground service on top of the already there ground service
You can disable the MSFS services be editing the aircraft.cfg. Set them to 0 as below. This way you will only get the services you order through GSX.
[SERVICES]
FUELTRUCK = 0
BAGGAGE_LOADER = 0
CATERING_TRUCK = 0
BOARDING_RAMP = 0
GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 0
PUSHBACK = 0
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0
MARSHALLER = 0
JETWAY = 1

the aft stairs; I dont like aft stairs being there when i come to a gate.
Aft stairs can be disabled with the option "Disable staircases" in the airport editor. Alternatively, remove the aft exit in the aircraft editor.

The jetway always auto connect.
I am not seeing this, jetway only comes when I ask for it. Do you have "Assistance services Auto Mode" enabled in GSX settings? Try turning that off.

hey can you help me Johan? Where do i find these values? is it for every aircraft that i should do that? And should i remove jetway from it so it doesnt get triggered by msfs? Also will it remove the ground vehicle for other ai traffic?

goose66

« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2022, 03:37:19 am »
Keep in mind that i use default atc and most of us do.
Awful general statement that may not be a fact.  It would be factual to say "I mostly use default ATC" and stop there.  For example everyone I know flies exclusively on VATSIM, but that does not mean that others use IVAO or Pilots Edge or even default like you do.  There is a new development in the hobby today in which people like to report problems THEY are having and try to, I guess, get developer attention by casting a wide net. It actually does not help.
Mark AAL3 VP-HR

Johan217

« Reply #6 on: October 22, 2022, 09:36:25 am »
The aircraft.cfg file is inside the folder of each specific aircraft.
e.g.
\\FS2020\Community\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO
\\FS2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-b7478i\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_B747_8i

Make a backup of the file before you change anything, just in case.

Setting a service to 0 will stop MSFS from spawning it at the parking spot, so it will only appear when requested by GSX.
I do not know what setting jetway to 0 will do - I assume it disables the jetway altogether, that is why I keep it at 1. Try it and see if it makes a difference for you.

Frap99

« Reply #7 on: October 22, 2022, 08:40:22 pm »
Keep in mind that i use default atc and most of us do.
Awful general statement that may not be a fact.  It would be factual to say "I mostly use default ATC" and stop there.  For example everyone I know flies exclusively on VATSIM, but that does not mean that others use IVAO or Pilots Edge or even default like you do.  There is a new development in the hobby today in which people like to report problems THEY are having and try to, I guess, get developer attention by casting a wide net. It actually does not help.

most of us really do use atc (whether default or fs hud,etc.) Look at the player base in vatsim... You make no sense. Also keep in mind i admitted after doing some experimenting that the fault isnt from gsx but again from Asobo's side. So chill
« Last Edit: October 22, 2022, 08:45:23 pm by Frap99 »

Frap99

« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2022, 08:43:28 pm »
The aircraft.cfg file is inside the folder of each specific aircraft.
e.g.
\\FS2020\Community\flybywire-aircraft-a320-neo\SimObjects\AirPlanes\FlyByWire_A320_NEO
\\FS2020\Official\OneStore\asobo-aircraft-b7478i\SimObjects\Airplanes\Asobo_B747_8i

Make a backup of the file before you change anything, just in case.

Setting a service to 0 will stop MSFS from spawning it at the parking spot, so it will only appear when requested by GSX.
I do not know what setting jetway to 0 will do - I assume it disables the jetway altogether, that is why I keep it at 1. Try it and see if it makes a difference for you.

i did and its amazing thank you. Unfortunately because of the Jetway limitation GSX has no work around except to send a toggle command to the jetways. So by setting it to 0 jetways dont work. So yeah. I'm still roaming around and trying to find a way to not get jetway auto connection when arriving at gate

WernerAir

« Reply #9 on: October 23, 2022, 09:03:03 am »
[SERVICES]
FUELTRUCK = 0
BAGGAGE_LOADER = 0
CATERING_TRUCK = 0
BOARDING_RAMP = 0
GROUND_POWER_UNIT = 0
PUSHBACK = 0
SMALL_PUSHBACK = 0
MARSHALLER = 0
JETWAY = 1

Thank you, this is great and probably also solves some of the hiccups I have been experiencing. @virtuali: wouldn't it be wothwhile to add the option to turn these things off to the aircraft customization menu? The problem I see is that when I do it manually I will probably have to redo it every time I download an update (which for the A320nx dev version happens regularly). I know the fsdt installer offers the option to turn the default services off, but that is only by airport and it probably makes the services disappear completely from the airport - which is not what I want.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2022, 02:13:32 pm »
wouldn't it be wothwhile to add the option to turn these things off to the aircraft customization menu?

Nothing in the GSX airplane configuration will have any effect how the airplane behaves in the sim.