Author Topic: STOP position not saved?  (Read 763 times)

jgoggi

STOP position not saved?
« on: August 21, 2022, 07:16:12 pm »
Hi,
Looks like GSX does not save the STOP position of the airplane at the gate: I set it with the parking editor but, when I park the airplane with the VDGS (a GSX VDGS), it makes me stop much behind...If I re-enter the editor, the stop pposition is indeed much behind the point I had set.
James Goggi

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: STOP position not saved?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 01:43:30 am »
Are you sure you moved it ? If you only check it without move it, it won't be saved.

If yes, have you used the same airplane for parking as the one you had for editing ?

jgoggi

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 09:12:21 am »
Yes, same airplane. I am quite familiar with this procedure of adding VDGS and establishing the correct stop position, in the past I did it hundreds of times in P3D and everything was saved correctly.
Anyway I did some more tests, I am not 100% sure but it looks like the position gets saved only if the parking position exactly matches the STOP position.This did not happen in P3D, I just needed that the STOP position was where I wanted it to be and it was saved.
James Goggi

swaor

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 05:14:27 pm »
I am having the same issue since using GSX in MSFS. So to clarify: the STOP position is being generated on the plane's wheel dependent on the PARKING position?
Or am I wrong with that assumption?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 06:25:02 pm »
This did not happen in P3D, I just needed that the STOP position was where I wanted it to be and it was saved.

It's just the stop position that doesn't get saved, or other items of the parking as well ?

jgoggi

« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 06:48:34 pm »
Just the stop position. Anyway now it is working, after I checked that the parking position exactly matches the stop position.
James Goggi