Author Topic: Can't lower the sound volume  (Read 1505 times)

WebMaximus

Can't lower the sound volume
« on: August 22, 2022, 12:51:26 pm »
I'd like to lower the sound volume of the lady calling out things like "Boarding has been requested" etc but even when I have the slider almost all the way down as seen below, the volume stays the same.

Any ideas?

Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't lower the sound volume
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2022, 02:43:23 am »
I'd like to lower the sound volume of the lady calling out things like "Boarding has been requested" etc but even when I have the slider almost all the way down as seen below, the volume stays the same.

It should work, maybe after restarting Couatl.

WebMaximus

« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2022, 03:12:38 am »
Ok, will see next time I get a chance to play around with GSX.
Richard Åsberg

WebMaximus

« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2022, 01:48:42 pm »
Coming back to this one after a quick test yesterday night. The volume of the lady announcing services are on their way is still very loud. This is after I've not only restarted Couatl but also restarting my PC many times in between the last couple of days.

Any other suggestions?

I would really like being able to turn this voice/sound down a bit.
Richard Åsberg

Ankh

« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2022, 02:14:10 pm »
Maybe you do the same "mistake" I did initially: the slider you show above is the sound volume of the UI (for whatever reason), if you want the sound of the actual GSX service reduced, you first have to select "Audio" on the left panel of the GSX settings window and adjust the volume there.

WebMaximus

« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2022, 04:24:07 pm »
Thanks for trying to help but the sound I would like to decrease the volume for is the lady letting me know what services are on their way etc. Not the sound of the actual GSX operations. Such as the sound when the stairs are moved into position etc. Or fact is, I already decreased that volume a bit too on the audio page as you suggest. That slider however doesn't affect the lady's announcements I'm referring to.
Richard Åsberg

sushi.at

« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2022, 11:20:34 pm »
One solution is to use the good old Windows Volume Mixer, find the cuatl icon and lower it there - it will save it

WebMaximus

« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2022, 11:28:39 pm »
One solution is to use the good old Windows Volume Mixer, find the cuatl icon and lower it there - it will save it

That's a good idea, will give it a go - thanks!

Still, it would be nice if we could have a comment from Umberto why the slider in the UI doesn't seem to work over here. Or maybe it's in the manual somewhere as well once I find some time to read through it.
Richard Åsberg

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #8 on: August 29, 2022, 11:29:59 pm »
Still, it would be nice if we could have a comment from Umberto why the slider in the UI doesn't seem to work over here. Or maybe it's in the manual somewhere as well once I find some time to read through it.

I need to check, it's possible the slider it's only linked to the 3d sounds, not the generic alerts.

WebMaximus

« Reply #9 on: August 29, 2022, 11:31:56 pm »

I need to check, it's possible the slider it's only linked to the 3d sounds, not the generic alerts.

Thanks
Richard Åsberg