Author Topic: Save settings not working  (Read 1341 times)

vin747

Save settings not working
« on: August 22, 2022, 09:54:56 am »
Stop position is not saved correctly.. this is already reported by few others..

More irritatingly, aircraft door customizations are not getting saved.. there is even a save button the aircraft editor which i clicked dozen times.. after you restart the sim, all the settings are lost for the aircraft..

FBW A32nX, SU9.

Trying to disable the rear cargo door and front service door.

vin747

Re: Save settings not working
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 10:37:45 am »

Okay, I found that it is saving aircraft editor settings for CRJ.. checked under Appdata/roaming/virtuali/CRJ../gsx.cfg..  for FBW 320, the gsx.cfg does not even exist.. it did not get created.. some file access issue..

Saving stop position is still not working correctly. I do see the airports.ini file getting created, but it does not save settings properly.. this didnt work properly in p3d either and was always a major pain area..

Is there a way to disable pax animation.. most of the times, they are floating in the sky, esp with CRJ..

vin747

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2022, 11:15:32 am »

[UPDATE] stop position is getting saved now.. the controls to get the right alignment are still a pain.. maybe sdk limitation.. for e.g i have to press the key one stroke at a time.. cannot keep it pressed for faster movement..

Pirateinparadise

« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2022, 01:50:01 pm »

[UPDATE] stop position is getting saved now.. the controls to get the right alignment are still a pain.. maybe sdk limitation.. for e.g i have to press the key one stroke at a time.. cannot keep it pressed for faster movement..

Press the shift key and use the arrows, it's like pressing the arrow 15 or 20 times. The object will move in much bigger steps.
The drinking rum on the beach kind. Not the software stealing kind.

vin747

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2022, 06:06:39 pm »
I am aware of the shift key.. but my request was if I hold down shift key, it should keep moving instead of me tapping it every time..

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2022, 06:23:39 pm »
I am aware of the shift key.. but my request was if I hold down shift key, it should keep moving instead of me tapping it every time..

MSFS itself doesn't allow auto-repeat on keys. We do exactly the same standard Simconnect call but, in P3D it auto-repeats, in MSFS doesn't. It's not something we can control.