Author Topic: Couldn't find valid airport data at this postion, services are not available  (Read 4490 times)

dobee51

Doesn't matter what airport or location, when I click on the GSX icon in the sim I can't get the menu to come up. Here's my couatl.log file.

Frodo2690

« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 04:28:09 am by Frodo2690 »

dobee51

I wasn't sure if it was the same problem. It doesn't seem to be caused by failing to read a scenery.

Frodo2690

Also make sure you got permission to your Add-on manager folder. I saw this on your coutl: Permission denied: u'D:\\Program Files\\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/tooltip'

richroe

Also make sure you got permission to your Add-on manager folder. I saw this on your coutl: Permission denied: u'D:\\Program Files\\Addon Manager/MSFS/fsdreamteam-gsx-pro/html_ui/InGamePanels/FSDT_GSX_Panel/tooltip'

How to make this sure?

dobee51

Every time I try to change the permissions on the Addon Manager folder from Read-ONly, they keep changing back.
I just did another log and that seems to be my only problem now.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Every time I try to change the permissions on the Addon Manager folder from Read-ONly, they keep changing back.  I just did another log and that seems to be my only problem now.

Could be you have an existing copy of the Couatl64_msfs.exe still running ? Assuming it's not in the Traybar for some reason, check with the Task manger and Terminate it, see if the lock on that file is solved.

dobee51

I have the tray icon, with the message Airport Cache loaded successfully.
Only one instance of Couatl64_msfs.exe in the Task Manager, and if I terminate it, the tray icon also disappears.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have the tray icon, with the message Airport Cache loaded successfully.
Only one instance of Couatl64_msfs.exe in the Task Manager, and if I terminate it, the tray icon also disappears.

Alright, so it's working as expected but note, you cannot read or change permissions of that tooltip file while Couatl is running. Try to exit, and start it in Administrator mode, if it works, it seems you don't have permissions to write in the Addon Manager folder, which is weird, since they are supposed to be setup by the installer.

dobee51

I uninstalled everything FSDT related, and did a complete reinstall to an external drive, being careful not to use Program Files directory. Afterwards I ran the latest update.

Seems to work now, at least I saw the menu.

I have four or five FSDT sceneries, including Chicago KORD and Charlotte KCLT. The installer at one point attempted to delete them, so I removed them before I ran it again. Do I want to reinstall them?

Not sure how to even begin. Is there a GSX for Dummies?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have four or five FSDT sceneries, including Chicago KORD and Charlotte KCLT. The installer at one point attempted to delete them, so I removed them before I ran it again. Do I want to reinstall them?

I assure you the GSX installer will never try to remove any sceneries. The only thing it does, if it finds them installed, is to download an unencrypted copy of the airport .BGL file to be placed in the GSX profiles folder, but only if you bought them on the Marketplace.

Also, it will disable the gsx jetway replacement for them, but it's an operation that removes a file in the gsx jetways packages, not the scenery itself, because the reason is to have the jetways that came with those sceneries not being replaced by GSX.

Harrier77

Hi Umberto,

I'm sorry to report that I have the same issue as the OP.

I uninstalled GSX Pro a few days ago and tried again today. I installed the product from the FSDT Installer and then I ran the downloaded AddonManager.exe.

I get the 'Couldn't find valid airport data at this postion, services are not available' message.

I have attached the Zipped couatl log file.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Peter

dobee51

The first two or three times I ran the installer after clearing out the FSDT files in APPDATA\Virtuali. The installer kept opening a dialog "Not able to delete directory", and then it would say something like "Chicago KORD not empty." That looked to me like it was trying to remove the scenery so I went ahead and cleared them. Finally I got a clean, uninterrupted install

You seem to have that. You have everything working now but no airport data.

What worked for me was to find an airport and flight that I knew would work. In one of the tutorial videos Chewy started his flight on the runway in Cancun. I started the PMDG 737 there. I think I was running the Couatl64_msfs.exe twice, which might have caused a problem. Afterwards I began to see an icon in the tray when I started a flight, and I didn't need to start it manually from the Start menu.

With that startup I began to see airport data being listed in my log file, and my only problem after that was the permissions error when it tried to display the Menu. That was solved by moving the installation to an unprotected folder.

For a while I was using the AddonManager.exe over a clean install, and it seemed to help at the time, but ultimately it was not necessary. Full install + the update is what worked for me.

Harrier77

Hi dobee51,

Thank you for the tips. Unfortunately, none of what has worked for you has worked for me. I have the same problem.

I tried starting on the runway at Cancun in the PMDG 737 and the Fenix A320. I always get the same message "Couldn't find valid airport data at this postion, services are not available".

I have updated GSX many times now and it is getting very frustrating.

dobee51

Harrier77.

Do you have the tray icon?
If you hover over it with your mouse do you see the message "Airport Cache loaded"?