Author Topic: Couldn't find valid airport data at this postion, services are not available  (Read 4489 times)

Harrier77

Yes and yes.

Same issue.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:08:23 pm by Harrier77 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I'm sorry to report that I have the same issue as the OP.

Your log shows this file is corrupted:

Community\justsim-airport-lfmn-nice\scenery\LFMN.BGL

It's might be a different error than the one we fixed in the latest version, so we might need to add extra defensive checks against corrupted files. If you sort it out, likely by uninstalling\reinstalling the scenery, everything should work, provided you don't have another corrupted file.

Harrier77

Hi Umberto,

Thank you for getting back to me.

I will check out your suggestion tomorrow morning and report back.

Peter

Harrier77

I'm sorry to report that I have the same issue as the OP.

Your log shows this file is corrupted:

Community\justsim-airport-lfmn-nice\scenery\LFMN.BGL

It's might be a different error than the one we fixed in the latest version, so we might need to add extra defensive checks against corrupted files. If you sort it out, likely by uninstalling\reinstalling the scenery, everything should work, provided you don't have another corrupted file.

Hi Umberto,

Removing the LFMN scenery solved the problem. Everything works now, thank you.

As you say, maybe it is worth having some sort of defensive checks in your software to prevent the whole system from failing for one scenery error.

Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
As you say, maybe it is worth having some sort of defensive checks in your software to prevent the whole system from failing for one scenery error.

That's what we added in the current version but, errors might be unpredictable, apparently it wasn't enough to catch this one.

seery234

I have recently ran the live updater and now i am getting the "No valid AFCAD data..."

It was working ok before the update and now after several re-installs i am getting the same error message

seery234

So just ingnored with this issue now Umberto?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
So just ingnored with this issue now Umberto?

I'm not obviously "ignoring" anything, I simply have too many message to reply to things that has been already replied to in other thread, just to show nothing is "ignored". Your log shows some kind of permission problem on THIS file:

Exception while creating airport cache: CreateFile failed: Access is denied: "\\?\C:\Users\Craig\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.FlightSimulator_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache\Packages\Community\uk2000scenery-airport-eggd-bristol\scenery\World\scenery\EGGD_AFD.bgl" (system:5)

Do you have some idea why ?

seery234

Thats all i was asking for, just to be pointed to where the potential issue was regsarding my log.

I dont know why it is saying that. You think if i disable that airport GSX might work ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I dont know why it is saying that. You think if i disable that airport GSX might work ?

You might try to remove the scenery, and reinstall it, maybe it got corrupted or its permission are not correct.

Jimbo1781

Hello Umberto
I am new to the forum and I bought the GSX_PRO I have followed the little I could read in the forums but the error still persists, I hope you can support me, I attach the error in Couatl, thanks.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I am new to the forum and I bought the GSX_PRO I have followed the little I could read in the forums but the error still persists, I hope you can support me, I attach the error in Couatl, thanks.

Your log indicates your Packages folder is here:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020\HLM_Packages

And from there, only the sceneries in Official folder are being scanned, as if the Community folder wasn't even there, or it couldn't be accessed for some reason, like permission problems.

Michael Moe

I have this error at FT EKCH bought via Marketplace

Michael Moe

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
I have this error at FT EKCH bought via Marketplace

While a scenery bought in the Marketplace cannot be used by GSX as is, it should at least use data from the default airport, rather than an error. Please post your log.