mobbe321

update
« on: August 27, 2022, 09:39:12 pm »
How do we know when there is an update?

Nasder

Re: update
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2022, 09:46:21 pm »
I think this is it, for now.

Run the auto updated, if it downloads anything, there's a patch. Run it again directly after you just ran it, if it downloads something again download the offline updater found in this forum.

If it doesn't download anything, you're on the latest patch.

mobbe321

« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2022, 09:48:59 pm »
Thanks, man that is painfull!!!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 27, 2022, 09:58:36 pm »
We think the servers are finally catching up now, try Live Update first, and report if it downloads the same files, over and over, if you start it more than a time in a row. It starting from the 2nd try, it doesn't download anything, it means your node is fine now.

mobbe321

« Reply #4 on: August 27, 2022, 11:15:34 pm »
OK, so I use FSDT live update twice and it re-download again on the second time but faster. Now what? Do I do it again?
At the end of it all, why not use the "offline updater" all the time.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 11:33:06 pm by mobbe321 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: August 27, 2022, 11:42:33 pm »
OK, so I use FSDT live update twice and it re-download again on the second time but faster. Now what? Do I do it again?

If you launch it for a 2nd time after it has downloaded something, it shouldn't download anything, this is way I see here.

But it's not as if I just test from my location and that's it, I also try using a VPN to connect the various random places around the world, which connects me to different Cloudflare nodes as well (I can diagnose that, so I'm sure each time I switch to a different VPN, I also get a different Cloudflare download node), and I always see the expected behavior: no downloads at all, just checking for files.

At the end of it all, why not use the "offline updater" all the time.

If your node is still out of sync, that's the right option for you, we'll keep the offline updater updated as soon we are sure all nodes are ok.