Author Topic: ExFAT partition - GSX will not work at all?  (Read 804 times)

flotograf

ExFAT partition - GSX will not work at all?
« on: August 21, 2022, 08:11:58 am »
Hey guys, I need your help.
It's not possible for me to get GSX Pro linked to my community folder, because of an ExFAT partition instead of NTFS. The Relink Button in the universal installer takes no effect - the only way to make GSX appear in the toolbar is to manually copy all the Content from Addon Manager/ MSFS to the community folder (I know, the manual says we are not supposed to do this). In this case, the GSX Button appears in the toolbar and seems to work, but when I open the gsx window it says "File option 1, File option 2, 3,4 and so on instead of request deboarding, jetways, fueltruck...
is there ANY WAY to make this software work with an exFat formated drive??

Thanks for your help!

Florian Schmidt

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: ExFAT partition - GSX will not work at all?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2022, 01:49:45 am »
The installer has a fallback function that, if the Symbolic link creation failed, it will try to create a Junction instead, which is another kind of link that should work with exFat.

However, is a code completely untested, so it might not work, also because it runs a command line, since there's no native way in .NET to create a Junction, so it might be affected by permission issues, etc.

No, please, DO NOT copy the whole thing in the Community. If all else fails, use the Addon Linker to link both gsx packages in the Addon Manager\MSFS folder to the Community folder.