Author Topic: Jetway placement  (Read 1327 times)

pijnackerpilot

Jetway placement
« on: August 21, 2022, 10:38:06 pm »
Hi all,

I know that this is not something that is a bug relating to gsx, however I am still looking for some tips and advice on how to work with this anomaly in conjuncture with gsx.

I am located at gate B8 at KRSW. On the included picture you can see how the jetway (replaced with the much better gsx ones) are so crappily placed that a) I cannot drive up the aircraft to the designated stop mark. b) the jetway, when called for connects to 1R instead of 1L, resulting in passengers deboarding from 1L through the air.

:-\ :'( >:(

I was hoping gsx would solve this issue. I understand the limitations that it actually can't which is a real real shame.

Another question: is there any way to influence what type of jetway model is rendered by gsx? Most jetways in the US of the corrugated steel type, not the ones you see here.

Is there anything that can be done to jetway placement so that it all works more realistically?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway placement
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 11:05:32 pm »
Unfortunately, we inherit the placement/rotation of the Jetway and Bridge of the default scenery, good or bad, because it's the only way to be sure we could keep up with future updates in the MSFS default database.

Because it we tried to add tweaks that might solve this, like changing parking positions, jetways positions and rotation, the next MSFS Navdata update would break all our modifications.

By keeping it the same, even if airports have changing parking spots or moved jetways, it would be enough for us to recompile a new version taken from the updated original files, it's an automatic process for us.

About the model, we assigned both the smooth and the corrugated version to the US, with some major airport forced to be corrugated, otherwise the choice is random, by airport.

It might be an interesting community project, collecting a list of airports, which kind of jetways it has, eventually which color (we do have multi color variations, we just haven't made a proper assignment to ICAOs ), which logos, and we might integrate it in our database, and regenerate the whole world again. With such a list, regenerating the whole world takes like 5 minutes.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 11:09:15 pm by virtuali »