Author Topic: LTFM gate naming issue  (Read 2218 times)

olliejstacey

LTFM gate naming issue
« on: September 02, 2022, 08:34:54 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I'm trying to work with Sunay on the new LTFM TRDesign scenery for MSFS and we have the gate naming problem. Sunay isn't 100% sure how to fix it, so I've attached some photos in the hope you know what the problem is?

The Name in the Developer setup is "Parking GATE_HEAVY (NONE-9-GATE_A) with Display name = GATE A9.

The Name is set as NONE, Number is 9 and Suffix is GATE_A... but in GSX, it just appears as 'Parking 9'... That means A9, B9, C9, etc. all appear as 'Parking 9'. Not only confusing, but also means you can only configure one '9' position as the ini only has one entry per name (which is of course correct behaviour).

Please can you also help suggest how we make it so all Terminal gates group together like:
Terminal A
  • Gate A1
  • Gate A2, etc
Terminal B
  • Gate B1
  • Gate B2, etc

Thank you so much for your continued support.

Ollie

omarsmak

Re: LTFM gate naming issue
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2022, 02:51:49 pm »
Hmm I am not 100% sure but I will try. Does GSX read the decrypted bgl file? I think it was mentioned somewhere in the manual that those airports from marketplace need to have a decrypted bgl file that needs to be added to the virtuali folder.

olliejstacey

« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2022, 04:01:21 pm »
I have the decrypted BGL from the developer so that's not the problem.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2022, 04:19:17 pm »
It's not clear from your screenshot which .BGL has been read.

olliejstacey

« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2022, 04:25:46 pm »
It is the BGL the developer sent me. It was purchased through MSFS store, so before I got the BGL, it said AFCAD no available. Then I put the developer unlocked BGL into the virtuali folder (where all the others are)...

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2022, 04:37:16 pm »
It is the BGL the developer sent me. It was purchased through MSFS store, so before I got the BGL, it said AFCAD no available. Then I put the developer unlocked BGL into the virtuali folder (where all the others are)...

And the reason why I said it's not clear from the screenshot you sent, it's because I wanted to be *sure* it has been read, which is not clear.

So, are you SURE it has been read, because you saw that and simply haven't posted the screenshot, or you THINK it must have been read "just" because you placed it in the %APPDATA%\Virtuali\GSX\MSFS folder ?

Because, if the airport .BGL has been read, it WILL be indicated in there, and there might be several reasons why it hasn't, like the scenery too .big, or missing a proper airport delete record, etc.

If you post a startup log made immediately after a Live Update (which will clear the airport cache), the Couatl.log will indicate all the searched areas, and eventual reasons why a particular .BGL hasn't been read.

olliejstacey

« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2022, 07:57:01 pm »
Here is the proof that the .bgl is the correct one. Also, LTFM doesn't exist in GSX World Jetway list.

olliejstacey

« Reply #7 on: September 03, 2022, 10:47:58 pm »
log attached

olliejstacey

« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2022, 03:30:00 pm »
Hi umberto,

Can you help?

Ollie

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2022, 03:42:46 pm »
There's nothing wrong with GSX, which is reading the correct scenery and the correct .INI file, the issues seems the scenery has all parking spots flagged as "Parking", instead of being divided in gates, so GSX just respect that, and place all gates in the "Parking" group, as the scenery is made.