Author Topic: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem  (Read 86148 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Couatl engine hasn't started - How to report a problem
« Reply #405 on: April 27, 2023, 10:56:32 am »
Hopefully this it it

I tell you about the problem with a PM.

KenrickPollock

« Reply #406 on: April 30, 2023, 12:36:28 am »
Good day as of recent maybe since yesterday 28th April 2023 I cannot get my GSX main menu to load up, even though I've launch Coualt.exe for MSFS.... it just stays on "loading" any help will be appreciated... thanks

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #407 on: May 01, 2023, 11:39:15 am »
even though I've launch Coualt.exe for MSFS....

You might have launched it but, has it started ? Please post your startup log, as instructed in the first post of this thread.

Filipe

« Reply #408 on: May 04, 2023, 10:44:52 am »
Hey guys, again... My GSX isnt working, when I start a flight it pops up saying "Loading" and it never stops spinning
I atached my log below

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #409 on: May 04, 2023, 01:18:04 pm »
Hey guys, again... My GSX isnt working, when I start a flight it pops up saying "Loading" and it never stops spinning. I atached my log below

Your log shows you haven't updated, both because you have an error that indicates some of your files are outdated, but also because the Couatl engine version is not the latest.

Filipe

« Reply #410 on: May 04, 2023, 11:47:07 pm »
Ok, I will try the offline installer method with firewall off again

olcesea

« Reply #411 on: May 06, 2023, 10:01:26 pm »
Hello. I too get the menu on my MSFS toolbar, but it either doesn't load, or 1 in every 20 or so attempts it gets stuck on the LOADING screen. File attached as instructed. Please help.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #412 on: May 10, 2023, 11:05:02 am »
Hello. I too get the menu on my MSFS toolbar, but it either doesn't load, or 1 in every 20 or so attempts it gets stuck on the LOADING screen. File attached as instructed.

First thing that looks wrong is: why are you still using the airportCache, when the program should have disabled it by default ? Have you possibly enabled it back manually ? if yes, set it back to 0 in the Couatl_MSFS.ini file, and be sure you run the latest update again.

Also, is it possible you might have manually copied the whole GSX packages to the Community folder, instead of having Symbolic links to it ?

Doing this will guarantee nothing will work because, the manually copied copy in the Community folder will be left outdated (the FSDT Update only updates the Addon Manager copy ) and will prevent the sim to see the copy that has been updated.  If you did this, manually remove the copies you made in the Community folder, start the installer and click "Relink", so it will create the Symbolic links as it was supposed to.

Deltaflight84

« Reply #413 on: July 01, 2023, 11:14:20 am »
Hi, can you guys tell me how my couatl doesn't start automatically whe i load the SIM.

Attached zip file

Thx in advance

Relax

« Reply #414 on: July 02, 2023, 10:00:14 am »
Hello
I have a fresh installation with Win 64 MSFS 2020 and GSX Pro. It run excellent for some days. Then the system crashed phenomenally during a flight. After that crash I can’t run GSX Pro anymore, whatever I try. I don’t get any messages either. You find attached the two files you request. I hope that you can help. Thanks a lot.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #415 on: July 04, 2023, 09:41:24 pm »
Hi, can you guys tell me how my couatl doesn't start automatically whe i load the SIM.

Many things are very wrong in your log:

- You are still using the legacy airport cache method, but GSX doesn't use it since SU12 came out

- Some kind of permission problem is preventing to access your Community folder. While normally you are not even supposed to have the airport files being read anymore (because the usage of the Navdata is now default), still indicates something wrong with your Windows installation.

Have you possibly manually enabled the airportCache by editing the %APPDATA%\VIRTUALI\couatl_MSFS.INI file ? That's the only way to enable the legacy airport cache method and, normally, running the FSDT Update should revert to the default of not using it.

In any case, either undo your changes to the couatl_MSFS.INI file, or remove it altogether, and run the FSDT Live Update again, since the current version will not use the airport cache.

Ralgh

« Reply #416 on: July 11, 2023, 07:04:06 am »
I just reinstalled GSX Pro today after having it uninstalled for a while and I am having the Couatl scripting engine hasn't started error. I followed the instructions and created the couatl_MSFS.ini file and placed it in the Virtuali folder. The next problem I run into is that I don't have Couatl running in the tray that I can restart or an icon on the desktop. I did find a Couatl.exe in my Addon Manager folder, so I tried that, but I see no Couatl.LOG file in the Virtuali folder. I am going to need some guidance on what to do next to advance the trouble shooting process.
Tom Landry

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #417 on: July 12, 2023, 02:40:39 pm »
I did find a Couatl.exe in my Addon Manager folder, so I tried that, but I see no Couatl.LOG file in the Virtuali folder

That's normal, because couatl.exe is the 32 bit version, which works only in FSX and, of course, if you created a couatl_MSFS.ini, to enable log, it refers to the 64 bit version, so it's normal you won't see a log, both because you started the wrong version, but also because you enabled the log on the other one.

The correct version you must start is Couatl64_MSFS.exe in the Couatl64 folder, but it's not as if you had to know this: we added an icon on your Desktop and on the Windows Start Programs group as well named "Start Couatl for GSX MSFS", so you don't have to wonder which program you are supposed to start, when required.

I am going to need some guidance on what to do next to advance the trouble shooting process.

First, check you can start the correct program manually, and if you have a log. If you do, post the log as explained in the first post.

Ralgh

« Reply #418 on: July 12, 2023, 08:08:41 pm »
Okay I found the Couatl64_MSFS.exe file and started that. There is now a log file. I started the sim and tried GSX and got the same error message. I restarted Couatl from the sys tray and GSX started working normally so I think I am all set. For some reason I never had the desktop or start menu icons but I have placed one there for future use if necessary. Thanks for the help.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2023, 08:09:31 pm by virtuali »
Tom Landry

Abass

« Reply #419 on: July 15, 2023, 10:29:17 pm »
After purchasing this yet again. I run into the issue of access denied in my log and need to edit host file. I’ve watched video after video and still can get into the host file.

@Virtuali I need some assistance this shouldn’t have to be the case paying $30

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk