Author Topic: Jetway Side Ladder question  (Read 733 times)

Turok144

Jetway Side Ladder question
« on: September 20, 2022, 05:10:39 pm »
Hi Umberto,

I've noticed that most if not all jetways have this issue whether custom or default.  The side ladder next to the jetway looks normal when the jetway is in its initial unactivated state.  By normal, I mean that the section of the ladder and ladder wheel at the base of the ladder at ground level looks good.  As the jetway is activated, it lowers at an incline to be at the same height as the aircraft door.  This causes the side ladder and associated ground wheel to sink underground.

Som devs have even set the ladder so it's horizontal to the jetway and never even reaches the ground.  Is this a MSFS glitch? Is it possible to write code so that the side ladder does not sink into the ground?

Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Jetway Side Ladder question
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2022, 05:22:53 pm »
I've noticed that most if not all jetways have this issue whether custom or default.  The side ladder next to the jetway looks normal when the jetway is in its initial unactivated state. 

Well, good you noticed it always happen regardless of the jetway type, so you know it's not a GSX problem.

Yes, that's another shortcoming of how Jetways work in MSFS: there's no provision for an Inverse Kinematic to have a ground contact point for the end of the ladder so, scenery developers have two equally unsatisfying choices, either have the ladder not operating or operating very little, or have the ladder operating, but with the endpoint sunk into the ground.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2022, 04:53:46 pm by virtuali »

Turok144

Re: Jetway Side Ladder question
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2022, 09:50:50 pm »
Thanks for the confirmation Umberto. 👍