Author Topic: FSX-freeze at distance less 5NM from Zurich  (Read 5074 times)

peterle

FSX-freeze at distance less 5NM from Zurich
« on: January 24, 2010, 06:17:18 pm »
Hello together,

always when I come closer than 5NM to zurich FSX is freezeing. I get the message "no more memory....check traffic" aso.
The scenery is installed correctly(!?). No problems anywhere else in the world.
Using Win7 /4GB RAM. Swiss-pro is installed, too.
Does anyone have an idea?

Best regards
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: FSX-freeze at distance less 5NM from Zurich
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2010, 07:16:42 pm »
I get the message "no more memory....check traffic" aso.

That message doesn't come from any of our programs. Does it looks like is coming from FSX itself, or it seems to be coming from an addon program ? Can you write the exact text of the message ?

peterle

« Reply #2 on: January 25, 2010, 10:49:32 am »
Yes, it is definitely a message from FSX!
"No more RAM. Check settings of traffic......" and so on.
Maybe it is a known OOP-problem but I have no idea how to handle it.
With other heavy add-ons (f.e. Frankfurt...) there is no problem.
In scenery library Zurich is on the 3.position from top.
I also removed Zurich completely (as far as possible) and re-installed it-no effect.
??????
regards
Peter

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: January 25, 2010, 12:26:27 pm »
Which airplane you were using ? Does it happen with a default airplane ?

Also, which traffic package are you using ? Does it happen with lower traffic settings ?

The problem is surely not the scenery, also because nobody else reported it before, and Zurich is both our older scenery, and our best selling one.

Sometimes, it's easy to be misled into thinking the scenery is a problem because "all other airports works".

An explanation for a problem like this is, for example, a corrupted texture for an AI airplane that is found only at that airport so, one can think the problem is the airport scenery, when it doesn't have anything to do with it.

Another issue might be: if the airplane you are using it's just on the *bordlerline* to exhaust your memory, it would be enough to add very small additional load, even a moderately complex scenery, and you just cross the border of memory exhaustion. That's why I've asked to check with a default airplane.

Also, it should be checked if it happens only after a long flight ( 1 hour or more ), or it's consistent and easily replicable even after a few minutes. If it happens only after a long flight, and it happens only with a specific airplane, that might be caused by a memory leak in one of the gauges.

peterle

« Reply #4 on: January 25, 2010, 01:40:40 pm »
Thank you for your quick response!
I think your last 3 suggestions give a good hint. I'll check this in detail and come back.
Regards
Peter