Author Topic: Can we stop the new Updater?  (Read 1602 times)

FOD

Can we stop the new Updater?
« on: August 21, 2022, 10:10:47 am »
When I reinstalled with the original setup files from the website, the programme appeared to instal as normal. But when it finished, it automatically ran the new updater - which is what caused the problems in the first place!
So is there any way I can stop this once the basic GSX has installed itself?

ChristianH

Re: Can we stop the new Updater?
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 11:17:20 am »
I like the idea to try it that way.
I would cut the i-net connection for the installation and try to get rid of the updater tool, try to manually delete it prior to reconnect to the www.
I'm currently away from my rig but it's worth a try later this afternoon.

Lisler

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 12:19:27 pm »
hello,

i was thinking along the same line yesterday.. i have tried it but sadly it seems without the Live update Couatl and GSX dont show in the sim...

airbadger

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 01:30:14 pm »
hello,

i was thinking along the same line yesterday.. i have tried it but sadly it seems without the Live update Couatl and GSX dont show in the sim...

Yeah, same here. What sucks about this is at least MSFS-only users can do a clean reinstall to get MSFS GSX, but P3D users can't do the same and they have nothing to do with MSFS.

FOD

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2022, 02:38:31 pm »
I guess this could go in the “too difficult” tray.
However, found another work around. Dug in a storage hdd which goes back before FSX days and found an Addon Manager folder with no 2022 files - probably an install from early P3D v5 days. Anyway copied it into my current GSX install folder and it seems to be running perfectlly - not sure which version it is but I’ll keep it away from the updater!!

mwyatt

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2022, 03:52:05 pm »
Following your suggestion, I have also reverted the ADDON MANAGER folder to an earlier time using a backup from 2 weeks ago, and it now works.
All we need now is for some very clever chap to tell us which files to replace in the ADDON MANAGER to make it work again.
I am sure there are only a few files that have been changed.
Martin.

liamr685

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 03:55:22 pm »
I guess this could go in the “too difficult” tray.
However, found another work around. Dug in a storage hdd which goes back before FSX days and found an Addon Manager folder with no 2022 files - probably an install from early P3D v5 days. Anyway copied it into my current GSX install folder and it seems to be running perfectlly - not sure which version it is but I’ll keep it away from the updater!!

Got my hopes up for a quick fix there.

Cloned my D drive a few days ago, thought I could plug it back in and copy the old add on manager folder…until I remembered it was installed on my C drive.  Bah.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 11:48:15 pm »
Please try the installer posted here, it's not MSFS-specific, it's just an offline copy of the files you were *supposed* to get from the servers:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175191.html#msg175191

The way cloudflare acting up these days, I first need to be sure everybody has the same files.