Author Topic: Parking System display problem  (Read 514 times)

senchay

Parking System display problem
« on: August 21, 2022, 03:46:52 am »
Hi again.

Just want to report a bug ive stumbled over.

At KSJC ive tried to add a wall mounted device (i will look later which one exactly).

The font is displayed too faar to the right.

senchay

Re: Parking System display problem
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 03:58:37 am »
Ok, i just saw that its not only too far right. Its also not on the device itself. The font is at the position where the device got spawned when added but before it was moved.

So, i think i see whats going on.

- i add the wall mounted device
- when i move it now, there will be a copy left at the original place, where it was added first. And one other is moving with my commands

And the result of this is that the divice itself seems to be at the moved position but the text stays with the "copy".

I hope you understand what i mean ^^

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Parking System display problem
« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 04:31:16 am »
Does it get fixed when you restart Couatl after editing it ?

Because of how the editor works, which alternates between a traditional 2D dialog and the full 3D view, sometimes Simobjects created in editing mode get "stuck" even if we explicitly send a command to remove them, for a series of complex reasons that lies to how garbage collection works in Python and how it behaves differently when a 2d window with its own separate message loop enters into play.

We'll try to improve this but restarting Couatl might be a good workaround, because when a Simconnect clients disconnects, the simulator itself will surely clear every object which was created by it.