Author Topic: 3rd party scenarios  (Read 889 times)

LeeCley

3rd party scenarios
« on: August 21, 2022, 12:39:22 am »
here is a trick to scan the community for third-party scenarios
1st enters a scenario
2nd opens Coault
3rd opens the coault again without touching what appears next to the clock
at that moment the coalt window will open, then you wait a minute for it to load the information even if it doesn't load you click on FILE and RESTART, it will close
4th open the coault again
5th open the coault again without touching what appears next to the clock, wait a while it will load a list scanning your community, when it stops you wait another 30 seconds and ready GSX Working!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: 3rd party scenarios
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2022, 12:50:23 am »
You made lots of extra steps that aren't usually required. You only need to:

- Understand that every change to the scenery library, like adding or removing new sceneries, but also changing their order in the content.xml, link/unlink them, all of these will require a cache regeneration, which will take a variable amount of time depending on the speed of your PC, the number of packages installed, and if you have configured or not the antivirus to exclude the whole MSFS Content folder (Community and Official), which you should always do, if only to speed up startup time, not just for GSX.

- Understand that, while the cache generation is completing, you can't use GSX so, clicking the button won't do anything.

- Understand that, hovering the mouse on the Couatl icon in the Tray bar will give you an idea about what's happening with a TOOLTIP. We purposely didn't to a "proper" notification, like the one when you receive a news, an email, etc. because we know lots of users hate them, especially inside the simulator so, we wanted to be as discrete as possible, meaning you are supposed to check the tooltip yourself, it won't "pop-up". If the tooltip says "Airport cache loaded successfully", then everything is fine, and GSX is ready to use.

LeeCley

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2022, 02:11:38 am »
however these extra steps were the only way to solve the problem of recognizing the scenarios, after doing this it worked for 5 other people that I gave the tip!!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2022, 02:14:24 am »
however these extra steps were the only way to solve the problem of recognizing the scenarios, after doing this it worked for 5 other people that I gave the tip!!

I realized they worked for you, I'm just saying that, if you keep all the above information in mind, it's usually easier than that.