Author Topic: Rescan Airports?  (Read 834 times)

fearlessfrog

Rescan Airports?
« on: August 21, 2022, 07:28:47 pm »
Hi All!

I'm enjoying GSX Pro very much so far and had a couple of questions that hopefully someone can help with:

Q1. When I initially installed GSX Pro MSFS I had some marketplace airports installed and active. I've since disabled those and am using replacements that are 3rd party but not from the marketplace (so not encrypted). Question: What's the easiest way to get GSX to rebuild the airport info or cache?

Q2. I downloaded a profile for an airport from flightsim.to but it didn't seem to work initially. I noticed the .ini [general] afcad_path was different to my own - is that the reason and do I need to edit it? I fixed this by editing the airport myself (it created another cyvr_jdasdas.ini to my surprise) and then just copy/pasting the text from the downloaded .ini section below that - that seems to have helped, but was wondering if I did anything wrong or did this the wrong way?

My afcad path for my Community folder (but 3rd party excluded CYVR Fsimstudios in Config) is:

[general]
afcad_path = \\?\C:\MSFS\Official\OneStore\fs-base-genericairports\scenery\0101\APX15140.bgl

The downloaded GSX profile one was:

[general]
afcad_path = \\?\D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator\Community\fsimstudios-airport-cyvr-vancouver\scenery\global\scenery\objects.bgl

Is it saying fs-base-genericairports because I did the 'exclude' (to keep the scenery jetways)?

Q3. I am using MSFS SU10 Beta v5 (latest today) and I noticed that I can't use the Numpad 1 and 3 keys to accurately rotate objects in the editor. The F7 etc all work, but it hard to get a good placement with those. Is it possible to rebind those functions so I can get going for now? I think the beta is going to be around for a few more weeks still, so any workaround for this would be much appreciated.

Q4. For GSX version updating is it best to use the FSDT Installer and hit 'Update' or to use the FSDT Live Update instead? Is there any difference?

Thanks and also wanted to say that it was incredibly bad luck to coincide the GSX MSFS launch with the SU9/SU10 services CTD issue that is going on - hopefully Microsoft/Asobo sort that out as it's probably been no fun for you guys. Hopefully sales have been good regardless as I've really been looking forward to this on MSFS.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 07:46:47 pm by fearlessfrog »