Author Topic: Can't customize aircraft  (Read 11977 times)

Brisi

fcmusician

Re: Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #76 on: August 27, 2022, 04:48:33 pm »
I now only have to edit the individual heights of the cargo doors each time. Alignment seems to be remembered.
Frank B^)

fcmusician

« Reply #77 on: August 27, 2022, 04:51:41 pm »
I'll look into adding an internal config with the DC-6 as well. As I've said, every single one of the "perfect" internal configurations included, are all been made using the same editor everybody has now.

Thank you Thank you!  I love this program. It is just that one edit problem and I am good to go.
Frank B^)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #78 on: August 27, 2022, 05:00:42 pm »
https://forum.prosim-ar.com/viewtopic.php?f=142&t=25257

I don't know what you are trying to achieve here. I'm sure those who spent 1500$ to buy a custom simulator that runs externally to the host sim ( which I guess IS the main selling point ), are fully aware of what they bought, and it might not compatible with OTHER utilities that obviously expect to rely on the standard simulation running.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #79 on: August 27, 2022, 05:06:07 pm »
Here's a video showing editing a door works:

I THINK we are looking at a completely different issue here, it's not as settings are not saved, because they obviously are. The problem is everybody seems to use the 737, and on the front door, it calls for a certain kind of staircase (they one without a vehicle) and THIS ONE I think might not have an animation long enough to display small changes in the door's height you are doing.

It can be seen by looking at passengers: if you lower the door of, let's say, 20 cm, passengers feet WILL go lower through the staircase, it's just the staircase that didn't raise correctly, so the editor is fine, I need to check that particular stairs model too verify all its parameters are correct, and possibly extend the animation length, to be more precise.

blau99

« Reply #80 on: August 27, 2022, 05:11:11 pm »
Yeah that works for me too but pls try restarting couatl and then try to summon the stairs and that´s where the problem starts for me.
EDIT: This also happens with the aft and service doors on the 737 (even with the other stair model) and also with the fenix (all doors).
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 05:17:43 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #81 on: August 27, 2022, 05:27:58 pm »
Yeah that works for me too but pls try restarting couatl and then try to summon the stairs and that´s where the problem starts for me.

No problems with restarts either:

blau99

« Reply #82 on: August 27, 2022, 05:32:30 pm »
As I said this works for me too but when I summon the stairs or something else the values get resetted.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2022, 05:45:58 pm by virtuali »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #83 on: August 27, 2022, 05:46:36 pm »
As I said this works for me too but when I summon the stairs or something else the values get resetted.

You mean the *value* changed, or the stairs seem to go at the same place as before ?

blau99

« Reply #84 on: August 27, 2022, 07:02:35 pm »

You mean the *value* changed, or the stairs seem to go at the same place as before ?

Yes the value changes when I request stairs or other services

See Video:

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #85 on: August 27, 2022, 07:18:58 pm »

You always close the dialog with the X, you never press the Save button.

blau99

« Reply #86 on: August 27, 2022, 07:27:36 pm »

You always close the dialog with the X, you never press the Save button.

Becuase it´s greyed out, it´s already saved but it reverts back to default as soon as i order any gsx service.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #87 on: August 27, 2022, 07:28:49 pm »
Becuase it´s greyed out, it´s already saved but it reverts back to default as soon as i order any gsx service.

It's greyed out because you haven't done any changes, that's why it's using the default.

blau99

« Reply #88 on: August 27, 2022, 08:04:34 pm »
Sorry this video is a little longer than anticipated but it shows the problem exactly.

Please pay close attention to the height value after i restarted couatl and summoned stairs.

Without restarting couatl everyting saves as intended but you have to restart couatl at some point so everything that has been saved gets wiped out after a restart.

jiequinn

« Reply #89 on: August 27, 2022, 08:07:40 pm »
blau99 that's exactly what's happening with me