Author Topic: Can't customize aircraft  (Read 8332 times)

benne36

Re: Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #15 on: August 23, 2022, 03:15:54 pm »
Hello Umberto!

I'm done with my next test.

I have now deleted all my liveries and individually reinstalled and tried them out.

With every livery I have (except for the original FBW) you have the problem.
Cannot create a gsx.cfg when trying to create from these liveries.
It only works with the two originals from FBW.

All liveries are downloaded from "Flightsim.to".
I have several from Flightsim.to and all have the same result.

Further tests with the liveries.
1. I installed the liveries with the additional programs ModManFX64 and MSFS_AddonsLinker. No success.
2. Copies the liveries directly to the community directory. No success.
3. With a successful gsx.cfg from the original FBW liveries, I also tried the other liveries and hoped that it would work. But unfortunately it is not recognized and an unedited setting is displayed again.

Here is one of the liveries I used:
https://de.flightsim.to/file/28163/a320-interflug

Maybe you can find out what the problems with the liveries are.

thanks benne

Phogbound

« Reply #16 on: August 23, 2022, 03:56:16 pm »
I have the same issue with the pmdg 737-600. I change pass door 1 position in the editor check the gsx.cfg file for the change everything looks good. I then made the file read only. Next time I load the same plane the pass door 1 goes off  to its original position (not the one I created) along with the original position of the catering door. What's strange is it remembers the custom baggage door locations only. Until we can save these positions correctly, to me this program is pretty much useless!

cholland

« Reply #17 on: August 23, 2022, 09:44:51 pm »
Your log indicates you don't have the latest version of the program (build 4081, the current one is 4811). Try to run the Live Update and see if it gets downloaded, and if it's not, use the offline installer here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

I don't know if this will solve the airplane saving, but it's best to be sure you are on the correct version, otherwise troubleshooting gets impossible for us.

Ok so I've done all this to help make your life easier :-) Same issue though - log file attached. It seems that the Twin Otter saves changes to the aircraft file when I edit it (I can see it has saved it and the file shows the correct height which is -0.92m, but then ignores the file and uses a much higher height/loads some random data with regard to the height and placement of PAX1. Most frustrating as it resets each time.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2022, 09:47:59 pm by cholland »

mertayd1n

« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2022, 02:09:27 am »
Same problem with the CaptainSim 777. After editing the stairs and services, it goes back to default, it is not saved. Cargo loaders and cones are not included because once you edit them, they will work fine
« Last Edit: August 24, 2022, 02:34:04 am by mertayd1n »

DrVenkman

« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2022, 03:29:00 pm »
Has anyone been able to create or customize new aircraft profiles successfully yet? I have run into the same problem trying to create a profile for the PMDG 737-600 that someone else had above. I could change every item, but after leaving the editor and calling for services, some of the items such as the stairs reverted to the incorrect default locations and were not saved. Then once I changed them, the cargo loaders reverted to their original locations. I have given up for now, but with the release of the PMDG 737-800 any day now, this situations will be exacerbated.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 24, 2022, 03:31:03 pm »
The question about the 737-600 has been answered many times: it's best to wait we create our own configuration first, because PMDG planes needs extra custom coding you can't do with just a normal customization.

AFTER we'll add the base configuration, you can do your own edit, which in general won't even be required, since the standard configuration is perfectly fine as it is.

DrVenkman

« Reply #21 on: August 24, 2022, 03:56:38 pm »
The question about the 737-600 has been answered many times: it's best to wait we create our own configuration first, because PMDG planes needs extra custom coding you can't do with just a normal customization.

AFTER we'll add the base configuration, you can do your own edit, which in general won't even be required, since the standard configuration is perfectly fine as it is.

Thank you for your reply, @Virtuali. Much appreciated.

This then ties back to another recurring question that I see in the forums here: how do we know when new aircraft profiles are available or have been added? Is the best practice just to run the Installer and press the Update button, or run the Live Updater every day and just hope that new profiles are added? As it is, there’s no way to tell if updates are available or if we’re even on the most-recent version of GSX.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #22 on: August 24, 2022, 07:01:58 pm »
how do we know when new aircraft profiles are available or have been added?

We have a "News" button in the installer, this is where we always added release notes. But we can't right now, until we know for sure the servers are working as they should.

DrVenkman

« Reply #23 on: August 24, 2022, 08:31:53 pm »
how do we know when new aircraft profiles are available or have been added?

We have a "News" button in the installer, this is where we always added release notes. But we can't right now, until we know for sure the servers are working as they should.

That’s perfect. Thank you!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #24 on: August 24, 2022, 08:41:26 pm »
Little test to see if the servers are coming up: try Live Update now, we posted some fixes for:

- the FBW repaints not working (it was a Simconnect bug, coupled with the fact some of these repaints don't have an empty string in their atc_id )

- the internal configuration for the PMDG 737-600

robvanderwiele

« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2022, 09:18:04 pm »
Hello,

I've exact the same situation with the B737-800 from ProSim. Changes are saved after I edit them and when I test them in the same flight they work ok. But after the sim is restarted they revert to default positions again.

Rob

DrVenkman

« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2022, 11:56:32 pm »
Little test to see if the servers are coming up: try Live Update now, we posted some fixes for:

- the FBW repaints not working (it was a Simconnect bug, coupled with the fact some of these repaints don't have an empty string in their atc_id )

- the internal configuration for the PMDG 737-600

Well, I've loaded up the sim and just called the catering trucks. Looks like things got updated, so that's good. When I called for boarding, however, two things seem different: I had to manually open the cargo doors, and the left overwing emergency exit opened. Not sure if this is a glitch with the scripting logic, or something changed with today's update to the -600 and -700 (which I have not yet tested).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #27 on: August 25, 2022, 12:41:05 am »
Please check if the -700 is ok. The -600 has all the doors in the right places, but I must say haven't checked the automation.

DrVenkman

« Reply #28 on: August 25, 2022, 01:13:09 am »
Please check if the -700 is ok. The -600 has all the doors in the right places, but I must say haven't checked the automation.

Okay, I checked the -700 and the animations for jetway, stairs, baggage loader, etc. all seem to be fine. Earlier I checked the BSDF cargo version and it seemed good too.

I also tried the -600 again and I think my first test had some glitches because it was the first time spawning into a new version of the plane from today's update. All looks good now.

Of course, and by the way, the -800 was released about an hour ago. I don't have it yet (tomorrow evening) but I'm sure there will be posts about it too soon.

lebond

« Reply #29 on: August 25, 2022, 10:17:30 pm »
Hello,

For updates it is necessary to pass the installer or by live uptade ?

Thank
Didier