Author Topic: Can't customize aircraft  (Read 8329 times)

rickypro

Re: Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #45 on: August 26, 2022, 07:28:05 pm »
Is is fantastic that there is an updated file for the 787-800.  I appreciate it very much.  But the fact that we can't change it and get it so save is a huge problem IMO.  Is there a work around for this or is it just the way it is for now?
Thank you.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #46 on: August 26, 2022, 10:50:34 pm »
You are supposed to be able to edit it, we need to check this. I used the GSX editor to make it, then it was converted into data but, initially, I used the graphic editor like everybody else would have.

jiequinn

« Reply #47 on: August 26, 2022, 10:57:37 pm »
Thanks Umberto :)

Brisi

« Reply #48 on: August 27, 2022, 10:34:20 am »
Good morning
reset everything.
Now there are three stairs on the 737 and no stairs at a door.

this is really frustrating.

Deltaflight84

« Reply #49 on: August 27, 2022, 10:42:40 am »
for me work only the 737-800 variant, and "no" the cargo versions and BBJ2 is that normal?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #50 on: August 27, 2022, 10:43:21 am »
Good morning reset everything. Now there are three stairs on the 737 and no stairs at a door.

That can only mean:

- You haven't reset everything, a custom config you did before we supported the 737 must be already there. I already explained in this thread how to check for that.

OR

- You have reset, but still have a version of the program that doesn't come with the 737 internal config, so you need to either run the Live Updater, or install the Offline installer. NOTE that, we only added the Passenger variant for the 737-800, the others will come soon. All other PMDG 737's are fully supported in the internal GSX database, and require no configuration.

Brisi

« Reply #51 on: August 27, 2022, 01:54:42 pm »
Now GSX deleted, reinstalled.
Stairs don't go to the doors again.
Then edited doors. GSX file with the correct values ​​is created.
GSX file write-protected.
Unfortunately, the stairs are in the wrong place again.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #52 on: August 27, 2022, 01:58:21 pm »

Please check in the airplane customize menu if on the top you can read "internal database". Also go to appdata/virtuali/aircraft and delete ever folder which says 737-800. My guess is you still have a custom profile active. Because the 737-800 works out of the box for me, all stairs correctly attached.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #53 on: August 27, 2022, 02:02:26 pm »

Nowhere I said you had to delete anything. Your custom configuration won't be removed in that case.

That's because your custom configuration is still active, and is taking precedence over the internal one.

You shouldn't edit anything on the PMDG if you are not starting with the correct base configuration.

This is not normal, of course, unless you were trying to remove it while the editor was still open, you should always have permissions to write in your own folder. Try to remove when the simulator is not running.

Of course they are, until get rid of your custom configuration file which was started to be made when the airplane wasn't supported yet.

The correct files which are included in the current release surely contain the 738-800 and DO NOT require any editing.  Be sure you run the FSDT Live Update to get the and be sure your remove your custom airplane profile.

The aircraft editor page should read ONLY "Using Internal GSX database" NOTHIGN ELSE.

If you still don't see this, after being sure you removed your custom configuration, the use the Offline installer linked at the top of this page, because apparently you are not getting the current files from Live Update so, run that one, and don't use the Live Update for the time being. We are keeping the Offline installer constantly updated with the latest fixes.

Brisi

« Reply #54 on: August 27, 2022, 02:15:28 pm »
Of course I closed the sim before I change anything.
And I don't have PMDG but Prosim 737

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #55 on: August 27, 2022, 02:26:26 pm »
Of course I closed the sim before I change anything.

Could be Couatl didn't close for some reason ? That's the only possible reason I could think for the GSX.CFG being not writable.

And I don't have PMDG but Prosim 737

That's a completely different issue then, I didn't knew there was a Prosim 737 in MSFS, do you use it with a PMDG external model then ?

Brisi

« Reply #56 on: August 27, 2022, 02:35:36 pm »
Yes Prosim 737 even runs MSFS very well.
And no, I use the Prosim Boeing 737.
PMDG cannot be controlled via Prosim in MSFS.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #57 on: August 27, 2022, 02:40:56 pm »
Yes Prosim 737 even runs MSFS very well. And no, I use the Prosim Boeing 737.

Then nothing we discussed here applies, you only need to do a custom configuration for it but, I can't possibly say how it will work because, like the PMDG, it MIGHT require some kind of custom support on our side first, before such configuration can be created/customized by users.

It might be best if you, as a ProSim customer, might suggest ProSim developers getting in touch with me, because as far as I know, their product are highly customized and don't use many standard system, so we might need to do extra work to support them.

Brisi

« Reply #58 on: August 27, 2022, 02:48:25 pm »
So now GSX pulls the aircraft data from the GSX simconnect.
Where can I find this data ?

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #59 on: August 27, 2022, 03:17:19 pm »
So now GSX pulls the aircraft data from the GSX simconnect.

GSX ALWASY pulled data from Simconnect, when it has no other source available, that is the plane is not configured yet. It might work, or not, depending how accurate the airplane own configuration is. Meaning: if the airplane developer put a door in the wrong place, the data we get from Simconnect will show that, that's why you have a GSX configuration editor to begin with, so you can override the airplane own data, and add data missing entirely.

Where can I find this data ?

You don't have to find anything, GSX will pull data from Simconnect, and what you see on the editor, is the result, which is there for you two tweak.