Author Topic: Can't customize aircraft  (Read 8316 times)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
Re: Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2022, 11:04:43 pm »
For updates it is necessary to pass the installer or by live uptade ?

As already explained in so many identical questions, and of course the same thread about the offline installer:

- Try the Live Update first, and see if you are getting the updated files. If you do another update immediately thereafter, and it doesn't download anything else, it means your local cloudflare node is fine, and there's nothing else to do.

- If, instead, the Live update downloads something, you do it again and it downloads the same thing over and over, it means your local cloudflare node is still not fully updated, so you must use the Offline installer as the last thing you do, and don't run the Live Update for the time being.

The Offline installer is always in sync with the latest updates so, one way or the other, you'll get the same files.

gvert

« Reply #31 on: August 26, 2022, 11:18:08 am »
I am struggling to save any amended config. I tried to amend the basic (the one from the the Live update) 737-800 config, by adding the embedded stair (airstair for Ryanair). However, with the next couatl restart, the checkbox was empty again and GSX placed a normal stair on door 1L.

For me, GSX doesn't seem to save any config, the way I've set it up. It's always comming up with a different config on the next start.

Fiorentoni

« Reply #32 on: August 26, 2022, 11:26:08 am »
I am struggling to save any amended config. I tried to amend the basic (the one from the the Live update) 737-800 config, by adding the embedded stair (airstair for Ryanair). However, with the next couatl restart, the checkbox was empty again and GSX placed a normal stair on door 1L.

For me, GSX doesn't seem to save any config, the way I've set it up. It's always comming up with a different config on the next start.

I think you do not have the correct 737-800 base config. Because it already has the embedded stair correctly integrated (just tried it out 5 minutes ago). I think you should redownload the update

gvert

« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2022, 11:33:59 am »

I think you do not have the correct 737-800 base config. Because it already has the embedded stair correctly integrated (just tried it out 5 minutes ago). I think you should redownload the update

I know, It has worked before, but I've tried to make a change to the gradient the passengers and crew have to climb, because of the other problem I've reported, where the pilots get stuck in the air. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26997.0.html

I've deleted my cfg and that's back to normal, with the embedded working and no GSX stair at the front...but also with the stuck pilots. However, I still can't save any personal made changes, because GSX is overriding them on its own during the next start, which is the problem I wanted to bring up with my post above :)

Fiorentoni

« Reply #34 on: August 26, 2022, 02:01:48 pm »

I know, It has worked before, but I've tried to make a change to the gradient the passengers and crew have to climb, because of the other problem I've reported, where the pilots get stuck in the air. http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26997.0.html

I've deleted my cfg and that's back to normal, with the embedded working and no GSX stair at the front...but also with the stuck pilots. However, I still can't save any personal made changes, because GSX is overriding them on its own during the next start, which is the problem I wanted to bring up with my post above :)

For what it's worth I do not have the stuck pilots problem or them walking in the air. With or without airstairs during boarding. Pax (and pilots) pathing is mostly configured by the airport (e.g. a jetway), so when they walk in the air I'd start looking there (correct AFCAD loaded? GSX jetways excluded if it's 3rd party?). That's just me guessing.

jiequinn

« Reply #35 on: August 26, 2022, 02:50:08 pm »
I have updated GSX via the recent offline installer which includes a profile for the PMDG 737-800 however I have edited this as the stairs are too but it fails to save it it keeps reverting back to the default profile so I keep having to go in manually and change this each time

Fiorentoni

« Reply #36 on: August 26, 2022, 03:07:15 pm »
I have updated GSX via the recent offline installer which includes a profile for the PMDG 737-800 however I have edited this as the stairs are too but it fails to save it it keeps reverting back to the default profile so I keep having to go in manually and change this each time

In the "customize airplane" menu - is there "internal database" written in the top? Because I'm sure you do not have the correct update.
The stairs on the default 800 profile match perfectly for me, all of them.

gvert

« Reply #37 on: August 26, 2022, 03:32:58 pm »

For what it's worth I do not have the stuck pilots problem or them walking in the air. With or without airstairs during boarding. Pax (and pilots) pathing is mostly configured by the airport (e.g. a jetway), so when they walk in the air I'd start looking there (correct AFCAD loaded? GSX jetways excluded if it's 3rd party?). That's just me guessing.

Affirm, everything as it should be.

But nevertheless, that's not the issue for this thread. This thread is about that customizations aren't saved, which is really annoying.

jiequinn

« Reply #38 on: August 26, 2022, 04:18:57 pm »
I have attached the images, I think I have the correct version it shows the paths for the file, The stairs are not perfectly alligned for me and everytime I change the configuration it works but doesn't save for the next time so I have to keep editing it because the custom configuration isn't saving

Brisi

« Reply #39 on: August 26, 2022, 04:36:22 pm »
Hello everyone,
I have the same problem. :'(
I Flying Boeing 737 - 800, Prosim 737 model and Sofware.
The loaders and the stairs do not go to the doors.
Thousands of tries nothing works.
GSX pro is useless.
There are no solutions in sight either.
Greeting

robvanderwiele

« Reply #40 on: August 26, 2022, 05:27:55 pm »
I got the same problem with ProSim B737-800 as well. Tried everything I could think of but nothing works to create a custom airplane profile.

Rob

Fiorentoni

« Reply #41 on: August 26, 2022, 06:02:19 pm »
Hello everyone,
I have the same problem. :'(
I Flying Boeing 737 - 800, Prosim 737 model and Sofware.
The loaders and the stairs do not go to the doors.
Thousands of tries nothing works.
GSX pro is useless.
There are no solutions in sight either.
Greeting

You fly the prosim 737 on MSFS...? What are you talking about? There's only a PMDG 737.

Brisi

« Reply #42 on: August 26, 2022, 06:27:58 pm »
yah,
I have a full 737 cockpit from CPflight. And FSUICP. And it's going pretty well. some landings are uncontrollable.
But otherwise it's going really well.
Greetings

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #43 on: August 26, 2022, 06:29:45 pm »
Could you please try the DEFAULT configuration that comes with GSX for the 737-800, which is just fine as it is, and see how it works, before trying any modifications ?

Use the RESET button in the Airplane configuration editor and, you should see ONLY "Internal GSX Database", that's the configuration we made and tested.

jiequinn

« Reply #44 on: August 26, 2022, 07:16:27 pm »
Hi,

Thanks so much for responding so quickly, I hit reset which removed all customisations and now its only showing Internal GSX Database.

I have edited again just lowering the stairs, saved the config and restarted everything. I reloaded again to see if it had saved and its not its reverted back to the default.