Author Topic: Can't customize aircraft  (Read 11803 times)

david roch

Can't customize aircraft
« on: August 20, 2022, 10:43:43 am »
Hi Umberto,

I can't customize the FBW A32NX. When I want to save my changes, the Couatl window doesn't react.
Instead of saving the customization and closing the dialog window, the SAVE button does nothing.
If I just close the window, changes are not saved.
Can you please have a look after you'll take a well deserved rest?
Thank you.

Deltaflight84

Re: Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2022, 11:55:54 am »
this happened to me with the PMDG 736, when i customize an aircraft does not save the changes that you've made with the 3d editor, or better say, it works only one time after that you have been done the work with the3d editor, and then when you restart the sim, all the changes done for that specific aircraft ( in my case PMDG 736) does not load the changes. this is frustrating

Fiorentoni

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2022, 12:14:40 pm »
It does save the changes I make (and also closes the window when I click on save). The aircraft profile is then found in /appdata/virtuali/airplanes. Do you find anything in that folder when you save your changes?

Deltaflight84

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2022, 01:02:54 pm »
yes i found the folder of the aircraft but does not save the changes that i made in the editor

david roch

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2022, 01:19:45 pm »
Hi Fiorentoni and thanks for your answer.
The aircraft folder is created, but remains empty.
Win 11, MSFS SU10 Beta4

EDIT: I've just checked, the issue is only with the FBW Bus.
Fenix and PMDG do work OK.
« Last Edit: August 20, 2022, 01:24:36 pm by david roch »

cholland

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2022, 01:21:39 pm »
I am having the same problem but with the Twin Otter, it saves changes initially but then they revert later. In fact I took off with changes on a short flight all doors etc in the right place and it had reverted at the end only 40 mins later with doors back their starting positions! It has created a custom file but they aren't being read/saved to properly.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2022, 03:07:56 pm by cholland »

cholland

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2022, 12:29:21 pm »
Some extra info on this bug is that 'some' of the aircraft info seems to save. The position of the embedded stairs I altered seems to save but the  main pax exit 1 always reverts to default -  most frustrating to have passengers and crew boarding into the sky!

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2022, 12:58:41 pm »
Can you post a Couatl.log made with the FBW loaded ? I think I saw something weird about it path or filename in some log about something else which I need to confirm.

cholland

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2022, 03:15:16 pm »
Can you post a Couatl.log made with the FBW loaded ? I think I saw something weird about it path or filename in some log about something else which I need to confirm.

I have the same issue but with the Aerosoft Twin Otter but no log file being generated. (followed your instructions from the script not being generated error postfeed).

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2022, 03:30:11 pm »
I have the same issue but with the Aerosoft Twin Otter but no log file being generated. (followed your instructions from the script not being generated error postfeed).

If you are referring to the manual creation of a Couatl_MSFS.ini, those instructions are only relevant to those that didn't even had GSX starting, so they couldn't enter its interface. That's not your case, GSX is clearly working so, you can enable logging much easily if you just use the "Enable Logging" option in the GSX Settings page. Then restart Couatl with the affect airplane loaded.

cholland

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2022, 03:30:57 pm »

If you are referring to the manual creation of a Couatl_MSFS.ini, those instructions are only relevant to those that didn't even had GSX starting, so they couldn't enter its interface. That's not your case, GSX is clearly working so, you can enable logging much easily if you just use the "Enable Logging" option in the GSX Settings page. Then restart Couatl with the affect airplane loaded.

For sure - here is the error log for the Aerosoft Twin Otter. It seems to be the height of the pax1 exist that keeps being reset though sometimes also the position randomly resets to default. I have not tried it for other aircraft though will do so now and let you know. Hope this helps.

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2022, 11:37:15 am »
Your log indicates you don't have the latest version of the program (build 4081, the current one is 4811). Try to run the Live Update and see if it gets downloaded, and if it's not, use the offline installer here:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26826.0.html

I don't know if this will solve the airplane saving, but it's best to be sure you are on the correct version, otherwise troubleshooting gets impossible for us.

benne36

Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2022, 12:45:30 pm »
Hello Umberto!

I too have a problem with changes in the GSX Pro on the Aircraft FBW A320.

If I stand at a gate with the FBW and open the Customize Airplane in the GSX Pro menu and then change it, nothing happens. I mean, in the Virtuali\Airplanes folder, a folder named FlyByWire_A320_NEO is created, but no file is written to it. The Couatl starts with the MSFS with no problems. I did it with a PMDG 737 and Fenix A320 and everything is written correctly in a gsx.cfg

Have you already found a solution to the problem?
Have the couatl.log file backed up with the FBW.
Should I upload the zip file?

thanks benne

benne36

Can't customize aircraft
« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2022, 01:02:26 pm »
Hello Umberto!

I have now again made a test with the FBW.
I found the following: It may be due to the paintwork. Loaded the FBW with the FlybireWire livery and changed and saved it in the Customize Airplane. Now GSX PRo has written the file gsx.cfg in Virtuali\Airplanes. Unusual.

Please check whether it can be due to the liverys.

thanks benne :)

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2022, 01:07:43 pm »
What was the exact name of that livery ? If it contained non-western characters in its path, it might have confused the editor. If you could point me out where it can be downloaded from, we can have a look at it.