Author Topic: GSX broken in P3D... great!  (Read 7059 times)

Tarzan

Re: GSX broken in P3D... great!
« Reply #15 on: August 22, 2022, 12:08:07 am »
Try this installer, it's not MSFS-specific, it's just an offline copy of the files you were *supposed* to get from the servers:

http://www.fsdreamteam.com/forum/index.php/topic,26480.msg175191.html#msg175191

Before we can look into possible issues, we need to be sure you get the right files.

It's about P3D and not MSFS. This topic is P3d specific in my eyes.
P3D isn't working and makes the SODE jetways disappear.
Could u please reach out for that problem ?

liamr685

« Reply #16 on: August 22, 2022, 12:22:47 am »
Try this installer, it's not MSFS-specific, it's just an offline copy of the files you were *supposed* to get from the servers:

Before we can look into possible issues, we need to be sure you get the right files.

Installed, causes P3D to crash.

As soon as I try to select an airport that has add on scenery, my sim just CTD.

I’ve gone from GSX not working, to now having a Sim that doesn’t work.

Bad to worse.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:26:43 am by liamr685 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #17 on: August 22, 2022, 12:29:57 am »
Try running the Live Update, it's possible you have an error, due to updated objects you are missing, which are not part of that installer.

Tarzan

« Reply #18 on: August 22, 2022, 12:32:03 am »
Try running the Live Update, it's possible you have an error, due to updated objects you are missing, which are not part of that installer.
I think most of us did that already several times and also reinstalled everything.
Sadly nothing helps.

liamr685

« Reply #19 on: August 22, 2022, 12:32:28 am »

Ran live update, didn’t fix, still causes CTD.

Have now completely uninstalled gsx to try and get sim working.

So to clarify.

I’ve downloaded the installer you linked.
Installed it
Ran p3d, selected an airport with add on scenery = causes p3d to crash.
Ran live update, let it install files
Ran p3d again, selected airport with add on scenery…still causes p3d to crash.

Have now uninstalled entirely = sim work.
Reinstalling now with the p3d installer from your downloads page.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 12:43:05 am by liamr685 »

virtuali

• Administrator
    • VIRTUALI Sagl
« Reply #20 on: August 22, 2022, 12:50:43 am »
I cannot explain this: it's a completely offline installer so, you are getting all the correct files, and I just tried it now again, both with P3D 4.5 and P3D 5.3, and it works fine in both.

The first start up it might take a while to start, because it's rebuilding both the airport and the models cache. But subsequent starts should be fast.

liamr685

« Reply #21 on: August 22, 2022, 12:56:56 am »
I cannot explain this: it's a completely offline installer so, you are getting all the correct files, and I just tried it now again, both with P3D 4.5 and P3D 5.3, and it works fine in both.

The first start up it might take a while to start, because it's rebuilding both the airport and the models cache. But subsequent starts should be fast.

No idea what’s going on either.

With GSX already installed but not working, I ran the installer you linked, and let it overwrite anything it needed to.

Ran p3d.
Selected an aircraft.
Selected airport (uk2000 egll)
When returning to the scenario screen (haven’t even selected ‘ok’ to start the loading process) it locks up and crashes to desktop.

I then ran the live updates, it did its thing.

Loaded p3d, same scenario as above, locks up and crashes.

Can you not pull the current version from the servers and roll back to a previous one before this happened?
Live update will then pull all those older files and overwrite the ones causing issues?

I’m now back at square one.
I’ve done a fresh install of GSX.
It’s installed, and my sim loads just fine, but I’m back to the original issue, GSX not working as mentioned in this topic.

The only thing I can suggest is, what if we fully uninstall gsx and then run that installer you linked, would that be worth a shot, could the overwriting process be corrupting a file/leaving a duplicate somewhere?

I would try it, but it’s just gone midnight here in the UK and I’m not too far from calling it a night.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2022, 01:04:57 am by liamr685 »

coreyc84

« Reply #22 on: August 22, 2022, 03:28:37 am »
I have tried a complete reinstall of GSX then following the order with the installer and still the same outcome.

dabr0an

« Reply #23 on: August 22, 2022, 05:07:26 am »

It's about P3D and not MSFS. This topic is P3d specific in my eyes.
P3D isn't working and makes the SODE jetways disappear.
Could u please reach out for that problem ?

Installed. SODE jetway still disappear.

"All active jetways stopped due to main module reset/disconnection (n=1)"

dmaclaury

« Reply #24 on: August 22, 2022, 05:12:39 am »
Ran the installer linked, and fired up P3D 5.3, still having my issue where only 1 gate in the whole airport is found (KDEN in my testing right now).

Quit, ran updater, tried P3D again, still having my issue. See screenshot: https://imgur.com/a/x3JyBzc

Calling it a night but hopefully I'll have time to try again from scratch tomorrow.
Daniel M
FSDT Products: KJFKv2, GSX. Flightbeam: KSFOHD.

DVA12924

« Reply #25 on: August 22, 2022, 05:38:08 am »
I am also having the same SODE disconnect error in P3Dv5.3 and only ran live update for the P3D version of GSX starting 20 August. Everything worked fine before Live Update because I customized parking positions at 3 airports totaling 462 gate positions and not a single error (done prior to running Live Update). As soon as I run live update and then the following day launch the sim to fly on 21 August, I am getting the exact same error as others here reported at the same time (when doing anything with jetway in GSX).

FilbertFlies

• FilbertFlies
« Reply #26 on: August 22, 2022, 09:13:14 am »
I've now tried uninstalling GSX from add/remove programs, re-installed the Addon Manager from https://drive.google.com/file/d/1NU20pW0twKl_KptypNFZre9nO5h0Q8F2/view?usp=sharing, re-installed GSX using the installer at https://www.fsdreamteam.com/update/lfsb_p3d4_setup.exe, run Live Update and loaded into the sim. Back to where I started, with the SODE jetways disappearing as described above.

samh234

« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2022, 11:23:48 am »
I also tried the updater that was posted and this also did not fix the issue for me.

I just want to highlight the behaviour that I think is important - these disappearing jetways only happen at airports which have their own 3rd party SODE jetways. I have a few airports (EGCC, EHAM, KSFO, OMDB) where I use Cartanya's AFCADs and exclusions - these use GSX's own jetway models for these airports. At these airports, the jetways work completely. I don't know why specifically it's affecting only 3rd party jetways but I thought it was something that was important to highlight.

imranrshdkhan

« Reply #28 on: August 22, 2022, 11:28:28 am »

so you trying to say P3D got no issues after the update?? So no solution for those having issues??

FSworx

« Reply #29 on: August 22, 2022, 11:50:05 am »
Maybe a silly question, but has anyone reinstalled SODE, after finishing the work on GSX as described by Umberto above?

I went another way and replaced my Addon Manager Folder with a backup but still had the jetway issue. Since I have reinstalled SODE, everything seems to be fine again (so far).